Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just installed my new K&N air intake system. I got the Generation II, so it's basically a new heat sheild and an exposed air filter. It looks great, and is working nice. K&N claim a 12.05 HP increase at 5800 RPMs. We'll see how it does. But I can notice a slight change in the tone of the engine when it accelorates and I also notice a slight difference in the acceloration of the RPMs. It's pretty sweet, it's the first of a few mods that I have planned for the car.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
12.05 hp with the intake??? I wish. you'll probobly see about a 4 or 5 rwhp increase at the most. the best thing is the gas mileage increase youll see

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
I bought my B with the K & N and then took it off. No change in gas mileage, or apparent power.:neutral:

The front spoiler addition probably does more for mileage at highway speeds than the filter.:neutral: But who really knows.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
I put in the Demolet and I think it adds some power but it also makes the intake sound more like one of the old four barrels. NOt quite as loud but what the heck.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
I had a DeMolet CAI and it made it quite loud a little better responce but not really power. and then i got the vortech CAI and that helped out alot :grin:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's all good, the I can actually tell a slight difference in the responce and sound in the engine. I will be filling up soon, so I'll figure out the milage and we'll see what happens. Either way, it looks nice in there and I won't have to buy another filter for a very long time, if ever.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Fly'n Bullitt said:
It's all good, the I can actually tell a slight difference in the responce and sound in the engine. I will be filling up soon, so I'll figure out the milage and we'll see what happens. Either way, it looks nice in there and I won't have to buy another filter for a very long time, if ever.
Yeah The KnN filters last a long time, unless you have a in fender filter and the water splashes on it and you live where there is a lot of dust like me, they get dirty pretty quick.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts