Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
decided to get a little more serious, so I swapped the cobra nitto tires and rims onto the bullitt. Car hooked almost too good.

I got in around 5 runs. Started off launching at 3000 and bogged (13.80), launched at 3500 and bogged (13.86), launched at 4000 and bogged (13.81), then hot lapped the car and ran 13.88.

Final pass after a 20 minute cool down. Staged at 4700rpms, dropped the clutch and cut a 1.96 60ft. Slammed the gears and ran 13.722 at 100.70.

I was pretty pleased with the outcome considering it was like a steam room outside. Upper 80's temp, 75% humidity, and low baramoter. Track was in great shape. I was hoping for better 60fts, I just need more practice with the DR's. I think I can launch from 5000.

and BTW...car is still bone-stock (well, besides the k&n). :grin:

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'm going down to race my car there!!! I have almost the same temps here and humidity and i can't get those times. I have even tried BFG Drag tires, could have done better at launching, but i can't seem to get the MPH that you are getting. I'll have to try a different drag strip. I have been suspecting that the timers were off at this one since they opened. Good thing there is another 1/4 strip 40 mins away. Now if the dealer car just fix my caliper problem i'll have to see.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks guys. I'm really trying to stay stock and see what it will do come fall. It's getting harder however. I haven't trapped over 101 the last two times out; the weather is progressively getting worse. An off-road H-pipe/high flow cat X is looking very tempting. The stock cat pipe is killing the top end.

Tom, not sure how far you are from Baytown, Tx., but it would be worth your drive. Houston Raceway Park is a well prepped track.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
JB,I believe you said you are running thru the traps in 3rd gear? I wish the track here was half way tacky!! A 5000 launch is getting kind of serious there you think? I know a friend who was popping axles left and right,on those NITTOS,and it was basically stock except for the normal bolt-ons. He was just trying to hit a 13 anything with his 98 GT. I had heard that the Bullitts and Cobras come with improved 31 spline axles? What size NITTO and on what size wheel are you using?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mus408 on 2001-07-30 17:11 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
nice time JB!!!!
just goes to show what great cars we have( yes, and your driving ability too!)
thanks for posting

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mus, I was running 17" 275/40 nitto 555R drag radials. I'm not too concerned about the axles(btw, they're not 31 spline) with only pulling 1.96 short times. The 3.27 stock gear is just kinda weak for the launch. I've made countless launches on the cobra with the exact same tires and alot more hp/tq with no problem. But hey, you want to push the car and run great times, you're gonna have to gamble a little.

Ray, good ole Exxon 87 octane.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts