Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned my Bullitt for about two months now and REALLY love the car. However, since day one I have noticed that it makes a strange sound when I use the clutch. I have owned many stick shift cars in my lifetime and have never heard a sound like this. While accelerating, I engage the clutch to upshift and as I press the pedal, it makes a kind of a howling noise which abruptly ends when the pedal reaches the floor. It happens regardless of what gear I am in or what road surface I am on. Yet, if I hold the pedal to the floor and rev the engine the sound is not present. It sounds like the noise is coming from the clutch fork/throwout bearing/pressureplate area.
Anybody have this same experience? Any guesses as to what is causing it? I have 2100 miles on the car, so I will be going in for the first checkup within a few months (at 5000 miles) and had planned on reporting the problem to the dealer at that time, but I don't want to wait that long if it will hurt the car (my BABY, you understand). HELP!!

·
Registered
456 Posts
I have that same problem with mine. I took it to ford and they said it was fine but now its getting wors if the clutch is in or out it makes a really laud noise that seems to come from the throghout berring. Ive been trying to get a hold of someone at the dealer so I can set an apointment.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I had a ticking noise when my my car was at low RPMs until I pressed the clutch. Turned out that there was a problem with the clutch bearing, which has since been replaced.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-10-17 15:36, whiskycreek wrote:
Don't wait for 5000mi. Get it in NOW. JMHO, change your oil more regular than 5000mi. also.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks for the advice. I have now scheduled an appointment.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-10-17 16:25, bullitt1067 wrote:
I have that same problem with mine. I took it to ford and they said it was fine but now its getting wors if the clutch is in or out it makes a really laud noise that seems to come from the throghout berring. Ive been trying to get a hold of someone at the dealer so I can set an apointment.

Thanks for the input. I now have an appointment at the dealer to have the problem checked out. I will post a message about what they find out. I won't drop the car off until 10/22, so I will post soon after that.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts