Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three to four days without my car! I brought it in to the selling dealer today to have 2 pre-delivery problems fixed and probably will not get her back until Thursday. :cry:

Probelm one is a crease/dent in the middle of the front bumper just left of center. The paint was perfect and the car was not hit, it just looks like a defect in the urethane cover that occured during manufacturing. Needs to have the bumper come off, reparied, spot painted and cleared. I was assured no sheet metal (hood & fenders) would be touched. If it's not perfect, a new bumper will be ordered.

Probelm two is the drivers side seat belt was installed turned around in the retractor. If the lap belt is striaght then the shoulder part is twisted and if the webbing is reversed than the lap part is twisted. Body shop manager said it had to happen on the assemlbey line (where Quality is job one) and they could fix it.

How do cars leave the Flat Rock, MI factory like this?? :confused: The dealer apologized and gave me a loaner for the duration. Hopefully I'll get the car back on Thursday and all will be well.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Hmm, I've got problem one also, it kinda corresponds with another "dimple" on the back bumper, it almost looks like the car was strapped down during transport or something.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Scruffy said:
Three to four days without my car! I brought it in to the selling dealer today to have 2 pre-delivery problems fixed and probably will not get her back until Thursday. :cry:

Probelm one is a crease/dent in the middle of the front bumper just left of center. The paint was perfect and the car was not hit, it just looks like a defect in the urethane cover that occured during manufacturing. Needs to have the bumper come off, reparied, spot painted and cleared. I was assured no sheet metal (hood & fenders) would be touched. If it's not perfect, a new bumper will be ordered.

Probelm two is the drivers side seat belt was installed turned around in the retractor. If the lap belt is striaght then the shoulder part is twisted and if the webbing is reversed than the lap part is twisted. Body shop manager said it had to happen on the assemlbey line (where Quality is job one) and they could fix it.

How do cars leave the Flat Rock, MI factory like this?? :confused: The dealer apologized and gave me a loaner for the duration. Hopefully I'll get the car back on Thursday and all will be well.
Scruffy<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1969175", true); </SCRIPT>
<! FIRST NAME START>aka "Bob"

I hope all turns out just Perfect for you ............

tigerhonaker

1 - 4 of 4 Posts