Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, we traded in the Expedition in last week for a 2007 Ford Five Hundred Limited. When we boiught the truck I was planning on getting a trailer to pull the Bullitt but shortly after we bought it we found out Mikey was on the way so that got scrapped. And last week Olivia was a the dealership getting the oil changed on the truck and was looking at new cars for better gas mileage and got it down to a Fusion and the Five Hundred. After deciding on the Five Hundred she found one she liked (Merlot/Pebble leather with chrome package) at another dealership. So they did a dealer swap and this is what have now. Loaded with everything but the Nav system and rear seat DVD. TON of space in it, HUGE trunk, and on a recent trip to Cincy for a Reds game we were getting over 30mpg on the highway around 65-70MPH. I can live with that. Took it today to Ziebart for the Diamond Gloss and window tinting. Pretty sharp looking if I do say so myself. :smile:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,414 Posts
Nice car! I looked at them a bit but wanted the 3.5 260hp V6 if I would have gone that route. Also looked at the MKX with the 3.5, but after I got Lynda the C230 I went with the Sport Trac. Love it.

Are those WeatherTech brand window deflectors? I put those on the Sport Trac, love them, much better than the stick on type or some of the cheaper in channel types.

I also hat the front windows tintes 20%, to match the rear sides.

Post pictures with the Tint! Here's some before and after pictures of mine.

Attachments

·
Banned
978 Posts
Very nice, Cam!

How does that Diamond Gloss work? Is it a no-requirement-to-wax-it gig? Is it permanent? Is it impervious to bird poo etching the clearcoat? Curious.

·
Premium Member
8,776 Posts
Nice looking Five Hundred, Cam ;) I've had mine for about 4 months now and have been very impressed with it. I've been averaging about 22 mpg in mostly city driving. The chrome package really looks good with the Merlot color; I almost got that combination versus the black with chrome.

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep Karl they are the WeaterTech's. I really like the in channel ones much better. :)

And the Diamond Gloss in like an extra level of protection over the clearcoat. It is supposed to help make the car easier to keep clean. No extra wax/polishing necessary. They suggest you take it back in once a year for them to go over the car again with the Diamond Gloss to keep it looking this way.

As you sais Greg, it isn't going to win many street races, but it is very comfortable to ride in and the gas mileage is great for a full size car. :D

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
Nice Cam. I think Ford is doing things right with these cars. The Fusion and 500 (Taurus) have gotten really good reviews and the quality is obviously improving. Scott may bring the MRT Fusion to Mid America. If I had to go 4 door I would want MRT to hook up my Fusion... Maybe an SHO Taurus in the future??

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
AS I have been pointing out here for some time - Ford is making some "great value for the price" vehicles.

With the recent top ratings from JD Power I hope new car/ truck buyers give these cars a look. I am very satisfied with my Mercury Mariner.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts