Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I froze a throwout bearing last week and barley made it to my dealership.

I was worried I lost the tranny imput shaft but it was fine.

After many searches and inquiries I got a FRP Cobra clutch kit [Part# M-7560-D46] It is for a 2003/2004 Cobra so I'm sure it would be able to handle the Bullit's power.

It is not marketed as Bullitt replacement kit.

The 6 bolt crank, 10 spline and 11" clutch diameter all indicated it would work.

I also replaced the pilot bearing , clutch fork and all new hardware. Flywheel was also turned.

Finally, I swapped out the Mobil 1/Lucas "fix" with Amsoil ATF and 6 oz of the Lucas.

End result is VERY sweet.

No noise, very easy peddle pressure, easy grab of the chutch and a little smoother between the gears. The notch is still there and according to the Tremech rep at the Bradenton race it will always be there.

One last note- I finally installed the Russell braided lines and replaced the rear pads w/ stock Cobra replacements.

Brake feel is now excellent.

Now I'm ready for an open track event.

Now I'm ready to start saving some dough - This put a bit of a hole in the pocket.

Will be worth it though - 2064 drives just great for an 86,000 mile Bullitt.

I'm completly satisfied .

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Nice upgrade! I think every 2001 Bullitt should have a Detroit Locker unit for the rear,as the stock piece is such a wimp. I could tell while cleaning the rear fender wells,after a workout at the track this past weekend, that the left side wheel wasn't working very hard on the burnouts!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts