Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK everyone this is IT!!! I finally got a Dyno that i feel is right. The last dyno i had gave me 249 rwh. It might be right but i don't think so.Although the day a had that dyno it was ranning and the temp outside was very cool.But the dyno was not a dyno jet it was a Clayton dyno.

here it is BULLITT made 234.4 rwh and 272.3 rwt. So if i did the 15% loss right that comes to 276 HP and 320 Torque!! It looks like ford hit the HP right on and gave me 15 more Torgue!
Dyno jet (SAE)
Absolute barometric pressure 29.98 in.Hg.
Vepor pressure 0.61 in.Hg.
Intake air temperature 93.7 deg

My BULLITT is stock with 565 miles on it. I'm sure after the engine is broken in. And i dyno the car in cool weather i will have more HP and torque.

I had the car dynoed at:
Ford Speed
11735 66th street N.
Largo, Fl 33773
(727)-549-8255

They have a great web site at http://www.fordspeed.com

Check it out.All there do is Mustangs well at least 99% :-B

The last run was the worst.If you look at the times on the graph there was not allot of time between the 2nd and 3rd runs.

GSCA #3535
BCA #36858
2001 BULLITT #1042 DHG
1965 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Conv. 4 Speed
1965 Bucik Skylark Gran Sport Conv. Auto

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BULLITT #1042 (Ray Ackerman) on 2001-07-13 22:24 ]</font>

·
Registered
393 Posts
Ray, those look great! Right in line with my dyno. Mine was 236.7/271.8 with 480 miles and a K&N. You now have a solid baseline to evaluate mods(if you plan any) or just measure the break-in power after a few thousand miles and an oil change. I finally got around to changing my oil last weekend (1200 on ody). The car really feels stronger now with 1500 miles.

Congrats on having an "underrated" car from Ford. :smile:

·
Registered
57 Posts
i have about 6,000 miles on my, and i remember right when i hit 5K i felt the car totally start riding better, shifts better and fell alot stonger when i press on the gas :smile:

1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-07-14 12:16, GT_Devo wrote:
i have about 6,000 miles on my, and i remember right when i hit 5K i felt the car totally start riding better, shifts better and fell alot stonger when i press on the gas :smile:

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
GT Devo, 6K WOW... Can you dyno your BULLITT? We would love to see a dyno with a BULLITT having 6K on it...

·
Registered
57 Posts
i want to have it done, have to find a place around where i live., how much does this cost? i want to dyno mine so i can compare it to what stock after any mods i do.

also i am looking into have the intake cleaned out, i read another post they said you would wait till you have 4K, and well, sence i am kinda a lil past that point i would like to find a place that can do this for me. does any one know what kinda places do this kinda engine work??

thanks for all of yalls input. :smile:

1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-07-14 17:09, GT_Devo wrote:
i want to have it done, have to find a place around where i live., how much does this cost? i want to dyno mine so i can compare it to what stock after any mods i do.

also i am looking into have the intake cleaned out, i read another post they said you would wait till you have 4K, and well, sence i am kinda a lil past that point i would like to find a place that can do this for me. does any one know what kinda places do this kinda engine work??

thanks for all of yalls input. :smile:

The most common price i see is $100.00 for three pulls on the dyno. I'm sure prices vary from place to place.

When you look for a dyno shop make sure they have a "dyno jet", dyno. The dyno jet is the industry standard.

As far as the intake goes i would post on this site and others for info. about the porting.

1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On 2001-07-14 10:26, JB VOBRA wrote:
Ray, those look great! Right in line with my dyno. Mine was 236.7/271.8 with 480 miles and a K&N. You now have a solid baseline to evaluate mods(if you plan any) or just measure the break-in power after a few thousand miles and an oil change. I finally got around to changing my oil last weekend (1200 on ody). The car really feels stronger now with 1500 miles.

Congrats on having an "underrated" car from Ford. :smile:

Yes our BULLITTs are very close.

Ford underrated the cars in the late 60's why not now? After all the car is modeled after a 60's car. :-B

·
Registered
120 Posts
Ray, any mods or was that bone stock? Also, what computer # do you have 1 or 2?

1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
On 2001-07-15 00:56, rsom1 wrote:
Ray, any mods or was that bone stock? Also, what computer # do you have 1 or 2?
The car is stock no mods not even an oil change. I have computer #1.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Looks like Ford is still doing their underating tricks. I knew it felt like more torque and HP then they were telling us. Definitley an awesome car by any means!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts