Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Edelbrock Supercharger on 2008 Bullitt Mustang.. 403.6 RWHP & 342.0 RWT Article

Many of the IMBOC Members have been discussing this

New Edelbrock Supercharger

Here is the Complete Article with it on the

2008 Bullitt Mustang

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
136 Posts
Thanks, that’s a great article. I see they mentioned that slight lag in 2nd below 2500. They said they did not find it on the Gts that were tested. Hmmm. Do you notice it much with the Brenspeeed tune. Anyway, I’m glad to see they got a nice setup with the strut brace and all. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
Thanks for posting that, Terry. Boy, that is a pretty SC. I might have to think about that one.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BB2008 said:
Thanks for posting that, Terry. Boy, that is a pretty SC. I might have to think about that one.
Ken,

Very nice looking Set-Up but I don't like those comments about the Surging .......

Plus, the fact it is a New Unit on the Market.

I think I would personally stick with a Tried & True Blower .........

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Rockola said:
Thanks, that’s a great article. I see they mentioned that slight lag in 2nd below 2500. They said they did not find it on the Gts that were tested. Hmmm. Do you notice it much with the Brenspeeed tune. Anyway, I’m glad to see they got a nice setup with the strut brace and all. Thanks again.
I noticed those comments too. Normally, I would bet that is a byproduct of charge motion butterflies. But then again, I didn't read the install part of the article yet to figure out if they are deleted with this install, or not...

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
tigerhonaker said:
Ken,

Very nice looking Set-Up but I don't like those comments about the Surging .......

tigerhonaker
They probably have to work some bugs out, which they would probably do by the time I was ready to do anything. Going with a V3 would also save a couple of G's, which is nice. I just prefer the look of the E-Force instead of the V3 hanging off the front.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BB2008 said:
They probably have to work some bugs out, which they would probably do by the time I was ready to do anything. Going with a V3 would also save a couple of G's, which is nice. I just prefer the look of the E-Force instead of the V3 hanging off the front.
Ken,

The E-Force has a Very Factory Appearance ...........

Hey, it's just Money :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

Save-Save-Save :exclaim: :exclaim: :exclaim:

No-Wrong decision either way as there are so many choices for Us All now in the Power Adders.

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have been doing a lot of research on this new supercharger and have been impressed. Its real efficient at low boost, comes with an intercooler which is a must for me down here in New Orleans where the temp has been over 100 degrees for a couple of days. I used my SCT X3 two days ago to look at the IAT and it was showing 130, thats hot. I like the fact that this thing produces over 358 ft lbs of torque at 2900rpms. All of the people that have had the E-Force installed have been happy from what I read and some shops have their own kits with different boost levels and custom tunes for it.

If everything goes well the rest of the year I am hoping to pick one up and install it early next year. I have to do a little saving up and planning first.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Flipflopp said:
I have been doing a lot of research on this new supercharger and have been impressed. Its real efficient at low boost, comes with an intercooler which is a must for me down here in New Orleans where the temp has been over 100 degrees for a couple of days. I used my SCT X3 two days ago to look at the IAT and it was showing 130, thats hot. I like the fact that this thing produces over 358 ft lbs of torque at 2900rpms. All of the people that have had the E-Force installed have been happy from what I read and some shops have their own kits with different boost levels and custom tunes for it.

If everything goes well the rest of the year I am hoping to pick one up and install it early next year. I have to do a little saving up and planning first.
I think they installed this unit in the 2010 Foose Mustang on the Musclecar show on Powerblock TV

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm surprised they let this issue out with the name mispelled...
Look at the top of the page...
It's is spelled EBELBROCK...

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Did you notice the baseline numbers for the stock Bullitt? 264hp and 282tq? On a Dynojet? Those look about 20hp and 20ft. lbs. of tq below every Bullitt I've seen on a Dyno Jet. Heck #5998 pulled 287hp and 303tq and I've only got a tune, and a stock Bullitt right before me pulled 281 hp and 293tq.

Wait a minute..........There is only one explanation for these lower numbers........Maybe the test car was a.............black Bullitt? :doubt: :wink:

·
Registered
146 Posts
tigerhonaker said:
Ken,

tigerhonaker
Terry,

Is this the main reason why you didn't go with the Edelbrock blower? You really had me fooled into thinking this was the one you were after. Since Brenspeed just started offering these in different packages, I was sure you were saving your 'secrets' for this setup.

Why the Saleen?

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Feshdogg said:
Terry,

Is this the main reason why you didn't go with the Edelbrock blower? You really had me fooled into thinking this was the one you were after. Since Brenspeed just started offering these in different packages, I was sure you were saving your 'secrets' for this setup.

Why the Saleen?
Hi,

Here is what I can share with you on the Edelbrock Blower.

This is "Current" info.

The E-Force is a super cool blower and looks Great and Performs just fine.

I was at Brenspeed and at The World Finals watching and looking at the E-Force in ACTION.

It is Badddddddddddddddddddd

You really had me fooled into thinking this was the one you were after.
Yes, I know as I did that intentionally to distract anyone guessing what I was really going to go with. :badgrin:

Is this the main reason why you didn't go with the Edelbrock blower?
Why the Saleen?
No, as in regards to any "Old-Problems" tuners were having with the E-Force in the "Beginning".
I knew all that had been "Resolved".

I went with the Saleen Supershaker for this reason below (See Pic).
The E-Force & Saleen have very much the same Power-Results according to the Package one picks out.

I am Ole-School with Mustangs and Performance Cars.
I wanted the Bullitt to look like a "Real-Performance-Bullitt" that Ford could have produced.
The above Close-Up I just took a few minutes ago shows what I like and wanted.
The POWER was of no real concern because you can have that with any of the New Blower Combinations.

This is just my Opinion, but I think my Bullitt is exactly what one should be in a
"Limited" Production High-Performance Mustang.

Hope this answers your questions ............

Oh I took the Pic now because I just this morning Detailed it from the trip North a week ago.

tigerhonaker

BTW,
If you like the E-Force I say move on it as I have seen it in ACTION
and on the Brenspeed Dyno. It is AWESOME !!!

·
Registered
407 Posts
For $5,795 and the cost of install and tuning, those numbers are embarrassing at best. For the extra weight you just added to the car, those numbers are not worth it when people make those numbers with a street built N/A car. And that would be even more embarrassing to get beat by a N/A car making the same power for less money. If you are going to spend almost $6K on a supercharger then another $1500-2000 for tuning and install you better be maxing out the potential for your bottom end. You can get a V-3 tuner package from brenspeed with some 4.10's and supporting mods and eat that edelbrock bullitt for lunch without a second thought and have a few grand left over.

And terry your car is badass. I would not have thought a bullitt with a supershaker would look good but you pulled it off.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Joe,
agree with part of your argument, however from what I understand it takes almost as much money if you were to try and get those numbers out of a current 4.6 using N/A..unless you can do the labor yourself. Perhaps one other consideration is that some folks may not want to attempt to get there via N/A as all that invasive engine work will void their warranty...and lastly, I have found that there is always someone who is faster..

·
Registered
407 Posts
yes there is always someone faster....but it will cost you after all your bolts and topend and labor, about $6,500-$7,000ish comming in cheaper possibly. And you will have a more reliable build....no belt slip, no blowing up, and you don't have to change 2 sets of oil. But that is me. If I go forced induction I need at minimum, 480rwhp. But that is me.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
navyman8903 said:
For $5,795 and the cost of install and tuning, those numbers are embarrassing at best. For the extra weight you just added to the car, those numbers are not worth it when people make those numbers with a street built N/A car. And that would be even more embarrassing to get beat by a N/A car making the same power for less money. If you are going to spend almost $6K on a supercharger then another $1500-2000 for tuning and install you better be maxing out the potential for your bottom end. You can get a V-3 tuner package from brenspeed with some 4.10's and supporting mods and eat that edelbrock bullitt for lunch without a second thought and have a few grand left over.

And terry your car is badass. I would not have thought a bullitt with a supershaker would look good but you pulled it off.
Joe,

Thank-You !!!!

I like it and so far I am enjoying it a lot.

tigerhonaker

1 - 20 of 45 Posts