Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Does any body know what kind of pistons have the markings "L2608F STD 02-247-01-A"? The eninge that I'm buying is being built with the Aviator (any differince between that one and the Mach 1) aluminum block and is being fitted with forged internals. What does the forementioned code that came off the pistons denote?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The guy selling it gave me an offer that I couldn't refuse. The shop said that it would pretty much be an aluminator, said that aviator block is the same aluminum block as the aluminator. Also replacing the stock Mach 1 upper with a Cobra one, you konw just because its cooler with a snake.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Sweet!!! Keep me posted on this Javier. I'm gonna be wanting a ride in this beast too. Did he give you an estimate on the HP? With the aluminum block it should be as light if not lighter than the stock 2V.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Sounds like that might be a TRW piston part number, otherwise I'm striking out too.

I think the "STD" means standard bore (at least it used to).

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Pistons

The "F" designation on the end of the part number used to mean it was a forged piston. It sounds to me these are forged pistons @ standard bore size (photos aren't necessary). Best thing is to find a TRW or other parts book. TRW parts book is your best start.

TRW parts are excellent parts ... very good quality. Always have been.

Advice: Don't buy any pistons until the machinist tells you how your bore cleans up. They may have to bore the block even if it supposedly is a "new" block. Each cylinder needs to be checked with a micrometer. At minimum, all cylinders must be matched to the largest cylinder. This may ultimately require a bore job.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Aviator: 4,605 cc 4.6 liters V 8 front engine with 90.2 mm bore, 90 mm stroke, 10 compression ratio, double overhead cam and four valves per cylinder 99H
- Premium unleaded fuel 91
- Fuel economy EPA highway (mpg): 19 and EPA city (mpg): 13
- Multi-point injection fuel system
- 22.5 gallon main premium unleaded fuel tank
- Power: 225 kW , 302 HP SAE @ 5,750 rpm; 300 ft lb , 407 Nm @ 3,250 rpm

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Maruader vs. Aviator vs. Mach I vs. 2001 Cobra Engines

What I'm confused about is I keep reading the Marauder intake manifold is unique but the 2001 Cobra, 2003-2004 MACH I, and the Aviator intake manifolds are all the same (with different tops) while I also read all 4 of these engines are the same.

What's the difference(s) ... ??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I really hope everything works out on this engine. I should be reciveing the engine in about 2 weeks. I'll be recording as much of the install as possible, so hopefully it could be used as a tech video.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.