Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my new Flowmaster Axelback system today and installed them tonight.
Very pleased, but even though I probably listened to 100 sound and video clips, this system sounds different than those on the GT's I heard--perhaps its the different H pipe? This system offers certainly more volume, and a bit deeper in tone, but not offensive when you are trying to be discreet. No off tones or droning of any kind when in stealth mode. Installation was straight forward and relatively easy with the exception of the far rear hanger bolts, that were #*#&#ing difficult to get to!
I have read that some believe that horsepower gains are to be had. I say not based on my test drive. Anybody have any difference of opinions? I have read that the new cars really do not respond to a decrease in back pressure...
But it sure sounds NICE...
:dhg08:

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Congrats Ric .............

A buddy of mine was running the "American" Thunder Flowmasters on his 08 Bullitt.

It sounded good !!!!!!!!

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Ric, I put the SLP axle backs on mine sounds great. To tell you the truth it is hard to tell about power increase.I guess at the level of increase we could get from axle backs we would need to have a before and after dyno to really tell.It did'nt effect the "butt dyno" for me. The sound was worth it though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts