Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I hit someone else's road trash and now 1007 has a flat left frount. Checked the warranty and Goodyear doesn't cover road hazard, on a factory installed tire. I expect the tire to damaged beyond repair.
I haven't removed it or nothing I'll do that in the AM. Local Goodyear dealer opens at 7:30am.
So so does anyone have clue about how much for new tire that matches????? If not I'll find out in tomorrow.
This really sucks! I was driveing home from a car show, hosted by the local camero club. I had won first place in the stock mustang class. While changeing lanes I hear something hit the bottem of 1007, I look in the mirror and as sure as my forehead doesn't have much hair as when I was sixteen, a piece of metal was flaping around on the high way behind me. I got home OK and everthing was cool, but after watching the race, I went out to put 1007 to bed I found the tire flat as rabbitt that tried to make accoss a 8 lane interstate.
Any ideas, will be helpfull because I'll be pissed off all night now. This will take some of my Atlanta money..... Screw it I'll help the USA I'll buy it on VISA

1,169 Posts
That's to bad! Don't sweat it! I would think the tire from the ford dealer is around $80.00 to $100.00. installed. One good thing, that piece of metal did'nt kick up and chip your paint!

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
What a shame Jimmy. And right after having a great day at the car show. I had to make a quick steering correction myself,on the way to NC yesterday. Someone lost a piece of furniture of a pickup I guess,and wood was all over the lane. Glad the Bullitt has that great handling!

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Ray. I guess it could have been worse. I really thought a new Eagle would be around $200-250.00 installed. I'll call the dealer and see if their replacement tires are cheaper, Than the Local Goodyear outlet.

1,169 Posts
I buy all my tires from my ford dealer for my business i have several rangers and E250 vans for 4 replacment tires mounted i don't pay over $400.00 for any of my service vehicles. I was quoted alot higher price from the tire shops. Ford installs a brand called Cobra tires on my Rangers and Cooper tires on my E250's.
Let me know the price you get from ford.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Jimmy Ray,
I have also found the Ford dealer the cheapest place but also try SAMS CLUB.
Congrats on the show, I also took a best of show late model this week-end..........Al

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Tirerack gets $146 for the 245/45/17 Gatorbacks. That is cheap. Expect a local Goodyear dealer to be about $175-185 (depending on how much they like ya) Throw in an extra few for M&B and tax and it will be around $200 bucks min.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 01GTB on 2001-09-23 22:06 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
God these Goodyears Suck I lost the one on my left front also from Christy running over something
I want Nittos
Oh yes I gave $160 for one then Goodyear got me one in for $50 trade

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MCQUEEN on 2001-09-23 22:43 ]</font>

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
$24.95, to patch and plug 1007's tire. While at Kramer tire got a price check on a new Goodyear Eagle ZR45, $250.00 includes M/B, taxes, valve stem, out the door. I'll guess I'll stop smoken them all the time.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE> I'll guess I'll stop smoken them all the time.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

nah Jimmy Ray, you just gotta finda cheaper tire to do it with :grin:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Haven't checked the extended warranty information these days, but the one I bought on my 96 GT covered road hazzard with a $25 charge per incident. At the time, we were buliding a house, and there was always something in the neighberhood to flatten your tires. Got 3 tires replaced at that price. Sure hated paying full price to replace them when they wore out.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sorry boy's that tire will cost ya 268.00 buck's at my goodyear store. I'm late with my reply but right on the price. Might as well by a set of BF Goodrich G-Force KD's and really rip up the asphalt!!! They'll cost ya 306.00 buck's.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just talked to my dealer,no warrant. Goodyear will warranty your tire's if you purchase road hazard coverage for 10% of tire cost. Does'nt help with current situation, sorry.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had to buy a tire a few weeks ago because of a sidewall puncture. Cost me $243 and some change at Discount Tire. When it's time to replace the set, it won't be with Goodyears!

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
You might also try Mustang Parts Specialties in Winder Georgia. These tires are the same as the ones that have come on all GT's from 1999 forward. They might have a used one that matches the mileage you have on your car from a wrecked car.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts