Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings. I picked up my new black Bullit (#3538) on 07/24/01. My last two vehicles were SVT offerings:
1997 Cobra (#4003 of 6961)
1999 Lightning (#1317 of 4,000)

I must confess, I prefer this car. I Vorteched the Cobra, but the damn thing couldn't get any traction. The Lightning was fun, but it was a truck.........

The Bullit is a kick in the [email protected]#. The exhaust sound is pure music, and with a little help it will meet/exceed the power of anything SVT offers to date.

With that said, anyone running nitrous on their Bullit? I intend to. I'm currently checking into the kit offered by Nitrous Express, just curious if anyone has already tried this option.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome aboard!
Nice group of people here with all kinds of help. I've had my Bullitt 2 months now and am enjoying the heck out of it. I've had several different performance cars but I really like this one the best. BTW - where are you located?

John

·
Registered
57 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-08-06 10:43, mswaim wrote:
Greetings. I picked up my new black Bullit (#3538) on 07/24/01. My last two vehicles were SVT offerings:
1997 Cobra (#4003 of 6961)
1999 Lightning (#1317 of 4,000)

I must confess, I prefer this car. I Vorteched the Cobra, but the damn thing couldn't get any traction. The Lightning was fun, but it was a truck.........

The Bullit is a kick in the [email protected]#. The exhaust sound is pure music, and with a little help it will meet/exceed the power of anything SVT offers to date.

With that said, anyone running nitrous on their Bullit? I intend to. I'm currently checking into the kit offered by Nitrous Express, just curious if anyone has already tried this option.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I am looking into a NOS kit but when i emailed them the responded saying the kit is not finished yet. I rather Stick to the NOS brand name. i want a 100/150HP kit.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses. First, I'm located in Modesto, California.....Yes, that's right...Condit Country.

As for the nitrous, I've been side-tracked at work lately, and not had time to check on the kit. I was under the impression they had the kit finished and ready for sale. Too bad it's not, I know I am.

Don't get me wrong, my Bullit is still a kick in the butt to drive, however I think a mild shot (50-75)hp would be just the ticket to keep the LS1 boys on their toes......and keep the Bullit healthy.

I think anything above 100hp shot would require other mods/timing issues, etc. and I'm a bit weary of such things. I want to enjoy the car, not wrench on it every weekend.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
welcome aboard mswaim!! glad to have ya!

·
Registered
452 Posts
JMS has a chip/kit set up for the 99-01 Stangs. IT is 700 for the whole package...

Check on the corral for further information.. a ton of guys have that kit now and they can walk you through the whole process.

Doug

·
Registered
111 Posts
Well, this looks like as good as place to introduce myself as any. I just picked up my True Blue pony this afternoon and I agree 100% with mswaim..... this thing is a complete blast to drive.

I also have a '67 Convertible that my folks purchased new just after I was born, so I have grown up with the Mustang and, after owning an Integra GS-R and a number of trucks, I can honestly say it's good to be back.

I've looked at quite a few posts on this site and have already learned quite a bit about my new toy. Thanks to a post I read last night, I caught a couple of things during delivery that I wouldn't have thought to look for.

Hopefully I will be able to make a few contributions to the forums along the way as well.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Welcome to the Club! There is so much great information here, and plenty of Grade A humor as well!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
Picked up car DHG #4158 last night. Interior still in plastic wrapping, I washed the car at the dealer and drove it home. It doesn't have an inspection sticker (PA) on it yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts