Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered an extra set of headlights for True Blue #5452 from Conquest Auto Supply. I have not received them yet but they are assuring that they are OEM Direct with OEM factory part numbers, direct from the Mother Company. They apparently order in bulk and pass the savings if anyone needs a new set due to the normal hazing problem. I had mine replaced through the dealer already, but I know and you know it will happen again. Their contact is 1-866-342-9288. $105. a piece.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Nice! Thanx allot. Let us know how they are after you get them. The aftermarket ones suck. I hate mine. The rubber along the top of the light and fender cracked and keeps peeling back and the clear on the lights is already peeling. Cheap crap.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Just bought a set from my Ford dealer the other day (new dark ones, like the Bullitts, for my for my 2000 GT convertible). With my Mustang Club discount, they were under $200 for the set.

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
Bullitt4204 said:
Just bought a set from my Ford dealer the other day (new dark ones, like the Bullitts, for my for my 2000 GT convertible). With my Mustang Club discount, they were under $200 for the set.
That sounds like a pretty good deal! Especially from the Dealership!

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
My 98 GT headlights look brand new. They are the original ones. To keep the headlights from hazing up you have to do the following: 1. hardly ever drive the car, 2. park the car in the shade when it out of the garage, 3. when driving on sunny days always drive away from the sun, 4. keep the car in the garage covered with a sheet most of the time. :)

·
Car Whisperer
20,783 Posts
and never turn your headlights on. :)

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
^^ hmmm, we have daytime running lights here (Canada) and I must be lucky, my headlights have not "fogged or hazed". I wonder if UV rays affect the headlights as it does with our rear elevated brake light.

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
Speeding Bullitt said:
^^ hmmm, we have daytime running lights here (Canada) and I must be lucky, my headlights have not "fogged or hazed". I wonder if UV rays affect the headlights as it does with our rear elevated brake light.
That is because it sooo cold up there that yours were deep frozen from new !

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
English Bob said:
That is because it sooo cold up there that yours were deep frozen from new !
Lack of sunshine prevents heating of the headlight assembly or the evaporation of the glue that bonds them together...:lol:

·
Registered
453 Posts
dennisbaker said:
My 98 GT headlights look brand new. They are the original ones. To keep the headlights from hazing up you have to do the following: 1. hardly ever drive the car, 2. park the car in the shade when it out of the garage, 3. when driving on sunny days always drive away from the sun, 4. keep the car in the garage covered with a sheet most of the time. :)
Probably be easier just to pull them out and throw them in the trunk while driving during the day!!! :lol:

·
Registered
90 Posts
I had a set of after market ones too and they are crap. Don't get me wrong, I loved the look when new, but after the first time they got some rain they got fog inside and never came out... the plastic was also cheap. I just installed the originals last week, and I'm much happier now.

My next move would probably be HID's.

P.S. Does anyone wanna buy a nice set of after market headlights? They are like new!!LOL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts