Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know about blue oval industries? and is it worth it to pay the extra 15 bucks for the xenon bulbs? Can you actually tell a difference with those bulbs and will they burn out faster? let me know your opinion i have to get new headlights...
thanks again.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
As far as the bulbs, go to Walmart (I really hate saying that) and buy GE Nighthawks. No blue tint, no frills, just better light. In fact they use Xenon gas. http://www.ge.com/stories/en/20287.html?category=Product_Home

Will they last as long as standard halogen bulbs? Probably not. But halogens tend to dim over time and you probably should think about changing them before they burn out anyway.

Click the link below for a picture of the stock halogen bulbs vs. stock halogen bulbs with upgraded wiring harness vs. upgraded harness with GE Nighthawks.

http://www.imboc.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3943&d=116876417

As for the headlight assemblies they sell, I don't think they could be any worse than Ford's :D

·
Registered
292 Posts
I just ordered a new set of head lights and a new third brake light from Blue Oval Industries last week. Lights were at my door 3 days after I ordered them, and although I haven't put them in yet, they look like top notch quality. The headlights are from an after market company, but the third brake like is OEM Ford.

-Matt

·
Registered
98 Posts
i just got a set of headlights bc my stockers were getting condensation......great quality....

the passenger side isnt near as bad as the drivers side, but they both stick out like a sore thumb. The pictures dont look near as bad as they do in person. The gap on the drivers side is almost 1/2" from the fender. Im gonna speak with americanmuscle.com tomorrow about getting replacements. I know they do not manufacture these themselves but the fitment is a joke.

Oh, and that crap all over the car is pollen. Its terrible this time of year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts