Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heya all,

Just bought my Bullitt (3669) this past Friday and found you guys here on the forums shortly thereafter. After registering, I received an email asking for the last digits of the VIN and other info. Is this normal here? I'm more than a little paranoid after having my ID stolen a few years back, but want to be a part of the community.

JD

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
yep, it is standard info our webmasters gather to simply catalog basic info on all Bullitts, (01's and 08's) so they can know who owns what, where they are, and to help keep track of other non-nefarious tidbits!!

now, this WAS from IMBOC.com, right? if it was an email from somewhere else, i don't know... i assumed you meant it was an email from either Vicki (TwoStngWmn), or B-man (our webmaster and site head-honcho) asking to register your info...

welcome to the club, let's see some pics of your new personal obsession!!

shaun

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,583 Posts
SniperStang said:
now, this WAS from IMBOC.com, right? if it was an email from somewhere else, i don't know... i assumed you meant it was an email from either Vicki (TwoStngWmn), or B-man (our webmaster and site head-honcho) asking to register your info...

shaun
If the e-mail was asking for your VIN # and a picture of your Bullitt ID number off the strutt tower brace (or off the shock tower on the 01's), then it was legit and from member Wonbullitt00647. His e-mail address is [email protected] He collects information on all the Bullitts he finds to be inserted into his data base he has goin on - on all the Bullitts - 01,08, & 09's.

Yes, it is normal to get an e-mail from dshaw65 as Dennis is legit. :smile:

·
Banned
1,313 Posts
Wonbullitt is also the Chief of Police in McPherson, Kansas. Call the P.D. to talk to him if you are worried about the E-mail. I personally know Dennis and he is a good and honest person.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
JD, I think this will Hepl you understand why you were ask for the Vin #

JD_Bullitt said:
Hi ya all,

Just bought my Bullitt (3669) this past Friday and found you guys here on the forums shortly thereafter. After registering, I received an email asking for the last digits of the VIN and other info. Is this normal here? I'm more than a little paranoid after having my ID stolen a few years back, but want to be a part of the community.

JD
JD,

I read All the Post here and was Not going to Post anything else as it looked like

everything that needed to be said was.

However since (You) are (New) on IMBOC

I think this (Link in Green Below) will answer what the

Vin # & Bullitt Production # (Center Tower Brace) under hood of yours

is used for here on IMBOC.

This is what the Header will say when you Click on the Link:

* THE 2008 REGISTRY * (Please give us your Bullitt number!)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the list of all the 2008 and 2009 Bullitt owners who've registered with I.M.B.O.C.

http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146457

Any further questions just ask US ??????????

Welcome to IMBOC !!!!!!!!!!!

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
825 Posts
Hi JD and welcome to the IMBOC. I see you live in "The Old Line State" too! Myself and 2008Bullitt0867 (who just supercharged his BTW see our road test on Rt.4 in Calvert Co. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qntqs2L_qOQ) PM me if you want for some upcoming events in So. Md. Good people here on this site too!

·
Registered
934 Posts
Wheelman said:
Hi JD and welcome to the IMBOC. I see you live in "The Old Line State" too! Myself and 2008Bullitt0867 (who just supercharged his BTW see our road test on Rt.4 in Calvert Co. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qntqs2L_qOQ) PM me if you want for some upcoming events in So. Md. Good people here on this site too!
Wheelman - I'm new also and I am in northern MD - can you keep me in the loop on any events?

·
Registered
930 Posts
Having you vehicle registered with a recognised motor club (which this is) also assists you in the event that your car is stolen.
With a limited-production run car such as ours, if it turns up on the second-hand market, it'll be a matter of hours before someone here gets wind of it.
The downside is that it'd probably be reduced to spares within 25 minutes, if taken by professional thieves...

·
Registered
825 Posts

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
onefastbob said:
Wonbullitt is also the Chief of Police in McPherson, Kansas. Call the P.D. to talk to him if you are worried about the E-mail. I personally know Dennis and he is a good and honest person.
Will he vouch for that boB guy though? :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.