Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I posted some pics of a new look (White stripes gone) for 5081 last week, but these shots are slightly better. A couple close up and a front and back. Car looks totally different and Martha said, "It's a good thing".

·
Registered
878 Posts
Still think you should have got a plaque in Carlisle Jim-very nice mods-many of them you have to study the car for a while. My kids still think you climb in though the window ala The Dukes.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Jim5081 said:
I posted some pics of a new look (White stripes gone) for 5081 last week, but these shots are slightly better. A couple close up and a front and back. Car looks totally different and Martha said, "It's a good thing".
i really like what you did with the third brake light. how did you do that?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DHG #1078 said:
how did you do that?
The trunk lid is glass, the light and key lock were removed, the holes were glassed over. An LED strip was glued in. It was blocked, the LED was Taped, the lid was painted. Taped removed from the LED, The lid was cleared, blocked and buffed. Presto! Jeff at JZ's Collision in Redford, MI did the work.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
so how are you planning on getting those ghost lines from the stripes out? the appearance of them must kill you now that you have the stripes off... what does your body/paint shop guy (who did a phenomenal job on that taillight!) say will take care of it?

shaun

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I love it! It's like ghost stripes and I might have to steal that idea for my Shaved Bullitt Hell I've got everything else shaved. I bet it added a good amount of weight to the upper trunk lid though with all the filler.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Looks good Jim! Hopefully you will bring to Pensacola again in the spring so I can see it in person (again).

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
NCTom said:
Pensacola again in the spring
That's the plan, Tom. I'm Looking forward to it and it's a National event again.
And to Shaun above: Ghost stripes are what we were going for. The white stripes were Taped off and covered with PY and a little Gold pearl mixed in, then cleared. You don't see them untill you walk right up on the car.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
my apologizes, i didn't realize that you had done that... after i read the first post about removing the white stripes, i assumed they were some kind of residual bleed/sun bleaching that occured from having the stripes on the car, did not realize they were actually PY-colored stripes painted on there... it is a nice touch, with a cool effect... looks nice!

shaun

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
That looks sweet!I was toying with the idea off "ghost lemans stripes",but can't bring myself to doing it LOL!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts