Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Well, true to form, it appears ford has borrowed a few of the "unique" parts from the Bullitt and bestowed them upon the Mach 1. I am not complaining though. I think it would be an amazing thing if Team Mustang managed to put a new concept on the road at least every other year. They have done an excellent job with the mach 1 and definately perpetuated the mustang heritage. And hey, maybe this will be the middle ground for all those that want the looks of the bullitt and the engine of a cobra. With a 4 Valve DOHC there wouldn't be much to do in the way of putting it right there with the Cobra or perhaps even the R. Who knows? I definately left positive feedback for team mustang though.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
What I would LOVE to know is how they think they can place the Mach 1 in-between the GT and Cobra performance and pricewise.
The 4v engine and a live axle and the Mach should stomp the Cobra. And teh only difference the Cobra would have is the IRS.
Still it would be cool to see the Mach 1 again. And it would be nice to see a couple specialty Mustangs every now and again..

It all started right here though.. :smile:

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
I have seen the MACH 1 at Stangnet. It is a good concept and I am for it. It does not however make me feel bad that I have the Bullitt. The Bullitt is the first and I think that will be important. Also, if Ford cannot certify the 2v Bullitt motor after August 2001 then the Bullitt maybe the only 2v speciality built by Ford. The 4v is set for other future products like the Mercury Merauder (spelling in question) and continued Cobra use. It will make me happy if the Bullitt 2v motor is an exclusive Bullitt product that shows up in no other factory Ford Mustangs in the future. Then the Bullitt will have the historic distinction of having the hottest 2v ever produced by Ford.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
The only thing I can add about the MACH 1 is,get rid of that bag around the shifter and put my "HURST piece in there.....that would do it with that T-handle! I bet the 300 HP Marauder engine ends up being the powerplant of choice. Also the Magnum wheels would be the way to go,with raised white letter tires maybe?

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
Overall I like the concept. Definitely need the Magnum wheels. The scoops could be tuned down a bit I think. Not like ours but not as big as they are on the concept. Not real big on all of the silver in the dash/console area. Do like the idea of having the "T" handle. If they could back off the production for say... 5 years, I would consider getting one. After the Bullitt is paid off!!! :lol:
Cam

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
i like it a LOT!!
i think it will create even more excitment about Mustangs.
it's obvious that they started with the engine and suspemsion mods made for our Bullitts but that's ok. when you read stangnet's descriptions, some of the sentences came directly from our brochures!!!!
i will keep the Bullitt but think all the excitment and engineering Team Mustang is creating is great for ALL of us!!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
NO NO

The Mach one is all wrong. Who is going to buy this, 20 somethings are buying fast little 4 cylinders. Those seats sure don't look comfortable to me. And that ride, I mean every little stone in the road you would feel. I think those ABS brakes are too hard to work also. Also most of the car buyers weren't even born when the Mach one was out. Who in the heck does Ford think they are selling to???

And that hood scoop, you know you have to be careful you could suck up a cat or even small children in that thing. No I think Ford has missed the boat on this one.
Another thing in the movie 48 hours, the bad guy shoots a six shot revolver 8 times without reloading and there was a Mach one Mustang parked in the parking garage in that movie.

Instead of a Mach One Mustang,,,I will go look at a family type Subaru.

Frank from Forbes is that you?

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
LMFAO!! That was great!! Ahhhh.... Thank you. I needed that!

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
LOL! That was a nice touch to an otherwise long day!!! :smile:

·
Registered
693 Posts
i like the car, specially the shaker hood
but don't like the rear wing
i think it stick out like a sore thumb
take it out or paint it same color of the car
don’t really like the stripe but it fit the MACH1 concept
the grabber blue is really different
but how about calypso coral or grabber orange or grabber yellow
yea baby!!! grabber yellow (I am crazy yellow)
but I specially like the fact that it as a 4v 4.6

Ok let me see!
They said if it make it to production it will be late fall 2002
My 99GT lease is up on March 2002 I could go without a mustang for a wile!

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
99GT, the rear wing ont the originals were flat black like the hoods. I though of something else it needs to finish it off, rear window louvers!
Cam

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
I also own a Mach1. So friends this is my cut. Ram Air Shaker, frt/rear spoilers, Drag pack (3.77), same colors with all the stripes we enjoyed from the good old days. Blacked out hood. Hood locks, rear window slats. color matched stripes on the buckets, wood grain accents, on the dash. and an eight track player with a Free tape of Boston's first album.
I love the concept, I hope Art pulls it off. I might be able to talk my wife into trading in her Jeep!!!!!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
The CatSmasher likes this trend.
I really liked the 67/68 fastbacks the best so the Bullitt is for me and I am glad I got it. But there are folks out there who got into the Mach1 and Boss craze and this car will really sell to them. I just hope that Ford stops this retro train before they get to the MustangII, Maverick and Pinto years! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! That would be bad.

PS, I think that Hurst-style shifter was my idea back on BON. Soem Ford engineer has been surfing the web for ideas :smile:

·
Registered
693 Posts
chilli bullitt
yea!! rear louver

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Midlife,
I think you have spent to much time in the hot Phoenix sun and have succumbed to the propoganda of Frank whats-his-name. That was just too funny for words!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Well Steve,

I can not lie, it does tend to get on the warm side out here.

I was thinking about Frank today, (Laughing out loud) and I remembered the first day I drove the Bullitt up the highway a 20 something kid in a S10 pulled along side and hung out for a while then as he exited the high way he gave me a thumbs up. Kind of reinstalled my faith in the youth today. Then today a pocket rocket pulls up alongside looks all around the Bullitt and then as he exits gives me a thumbs up also.

Damn Frank where are these kids coming from?

Not really sure but someone said that Frank at Forbes drives a Tucker. Anyone else hear that?

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
CAM & Jimmy Ray are right. i may not LOVE all the flat and black out BUT it holds true to the Mach Cars from the early 70's and that's what makes it so cool!!!
also agree with smasher,....if you parked them next to each other and say "marty, pick one!" i'd still pick the Bullitt but man oh man could Team Mustang do this AND follow it with a Boss 302 limited production vehicle....... the sky's the limit for Mustang enthusiasts!!!!
keep up the great work Art & Team Mustang!!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
With a website like this, Ford can fire their market research team. Hey Art, let's talk Cobra Jet!

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
How about a Super Cobra Jet, Ram air, Drag Pack car. I love the idea.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts