Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

My Bullitt is going in to Fordspeed.com this Thursday they are installing a Vortech aftercooled,BBK long tubes,off read H-Pipe,gears,custom burned Super Chip.

Is there any advice from guy's that had simlar mods? A/F maybe?
Fordspeed.com does great work,i would just like to here from someone with the some mods. THANKS!!

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Damn! From stock to super/stock....Go Ray! I am just going to wait until that 427 SOHCammer,comes in from Holman-Moody!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
is ther going to be anything left on your bullitt that is stock :smile: sounds like you are going to have a blast

1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Larry! I thought about getting out my sledge hammer to make a Buick 455 fit in my Bullitt.... :-B I came to my sences.....

Bro1, The driver is still stock.... :-B

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
wow Ray! you are going to "go for it" huh?
best of luck and i hope you are thrilled with all those Mods!!!
i think there's a slight chance you might improve your 1/4 mile after this!! -lol

·
Registered
176 Posts
Ray, you will be ready to wax some 2003 390hp Cobra!

You probably know this. But, I'll say it anyway, since they are SC Commandments 1. Ensure a good A/F burn at especially the higher rpms. 2. Change oil every 3K. 3. Wait until normal operating temps before going boost. 4. Premium. 5. Radar Detector 6. Kick some SS/LS1!

An inexpensive and easy weekend install mod is a Boost Gauge.

Mike

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mrudy on 2002-01-29 12:50 ]</font>

·
Registered
132 Posts
If you can stand the strain on your bank account, you might want to do a tubular K-member while you're at it. They pretty much have to drop yours out to do the longtube install, and it'll trim some pounds from the front end.

1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-29 12:13, mystang99 wrote:
wow Ray! you are going to "go for it" huh?
best of luck and i hope you are thrilled with all those Mods!!!
i think there's a slight chance you might improve your 1/4 mile after this!! -lol

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
Hi Marty,

Yes I'm going all out..... :-B I hope the Vortech lives up to it reputation.

1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-29 12:49, mrudy wrote:
Ray, you will be ready to wax some 2003 390hp Cobra!

You probably know this. But, I'll say it anyway, since they are SC Commandments 1. Ensure a good A/F burn at especially the higher rpms. 2. Change oil every 3K. 3. Wait until normal operating temps before going boost. 4. Premium. 5. Radar Detector 6. Kick some SS/LS1!

An inexpensive and easy weekend install mod is a Boost Gauge.

Mike

Thanks for the tips Mike, I have 5 gauges going on the Bullitt. It looks like Joe at fordspeed.com found a good combination of pods i'll post photos after there installed.
I also have a 3/4 dia shift light going on.

Love your number 6 tip...... :-B

1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
On 2002-01-29 18:22, Bushmaster wrote:
If you can stand the strain on your bank account, you might want to do a tubular K-member while you're at it. They pretty much have to drop yours out to do the longtube install, and it'll trim some pounds from the front end.

Great Tip! I have been kicking around the idea of the tubular K member for some time.I'm going to wait and see what the car does in the 1/4 before I do the K member.From what i've hard the tubular K members are not that great on the street.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I think, from what I've been told, that most tubular K-members aren't suitable for street use, but there are some that are. I think any reputable manufacturer will be the first to let you know if their part is stout enough for sustained street use. It's really a marginal modification as far as gains go, but if you're serious about quarter-miling, it's on the list. At some point that 30 or so extra pounds on the front end becomes more and more important....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts