Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Joined
·
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

My Bullitt is going in to Fordspeed.com this Thursday they are installing a Vortech aftercooled,BBK long tubes,off read H-Pipe,gears,custom burned Super Chip.

Is there any advice from guy's that had simlar mods? A/F maybe?
Fordspeed.com does great work,i would just like to here from someone with the some mods. THANKS!!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,235 Posts
Damn! From stock to super/stock....Go Ray! I am just going to wait until that 427 SOHCammer,comes in from Holman-Moody!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,681 Posts
is ther going to be anything left on your bullitt that is stock :smile: sounds like you are going to have a blast
 
Joined
·
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Larry! I thought about getting out my sledge hammer to make a Buick 455 fit in my Bullitt.... :-B I came to my sences.....

Bro1, The driver is still stock.... :-B
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,360 Posts
wow Ray! you are going to "go for it" huh?
best of luck and i hope you are thrilled with all those Mods!!!
i think there's a slight chance you might improve your 1/4 mile after this!! -lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
176 Posts
Ray, you will be ready to wax some 2003 390hp Cobra!

You probably know this. But, I'll say it anyway, since they are SC Commandments 1. Ensure a good A/F burn at especially the higher rpms. 2. Change oil every 3K. 3. Wait until normal operating temps before going boost. 4. Premium. 5. Radar Detector 6. Kick some SS/LS1!

An inexpensive and easy weekend install mod is a Boost Gauge.

Mike

_________________
Mike Rudy, DHG Bullitt, No. 04009,
Vortech S Trim SQ w/3.12 Drive Pulley, Bassani X pipe w/cats, FRPP Alum. D/S, Steeda Tri-Ax, AutoMeter Boost Gauge on A Pod, MGW Billet Interior. Next: FRPP 3.73 Gears

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mrudy on 2002-01-29 12:50 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mrudy on 2002-01-29 12:50 ]</font>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
If you can stand the strain on your bank account, you might want to do a tubular K-member while you're at it. They pretty much have to drop yours out to do the longtube install, and it'll trim some pounds from the front end.
 
Joined
·
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-29 12:13, mystang99 wrote:
wow Ray! you are going to "go for it" huh?
best of luck and i hope you are thrilled with all those Mods!!!
i think there's a slight chance you might improve your 1/4 mile after this!! -lol

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
Hi Marty,

Yes I'm going all out..... :-B I hope the Vortech lives up to it reputation.
 
Joined
·
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-29 12:49, mrudy wrote:
Ray, you will be ready to wax some 2003 390hp Cobra!

You probably know this. But, I'll say it anyway, since they are SC Commandments 1. Ensure a good A/F burn at especially the higher rpms. 2. Change oil every 3K. 3. Wait until normal operating temps before going boost. 4. Premium. 5. Radar Detector 6. Kick some SS/LS1!

An inexpensive and easy weekend install mod is a Boost Gauge.

Mike

_________________
Mike Rudy, DHG Bullitt, No. 04009,
Vortech S Trim SQ w/3.12 Drive Pulley, Bassani X pipe w/cats, FRPP Alum. D/S, Steeda Tri-Ax, AutoMeter Boost Gauge on A Pod, MGW Billet Interior. Next: FRPP 3.73 Gears

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mrudy on 2002-01-29 12:50 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mrudy on 2002-01-29 12:50 ]</font>
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
Thanks for the tips Mike, I have 5 gauges going on the Bullitt. It looks like Joe at fordspeed.com found a good combination of pods i'll post photos after there installed.
I also have a 3/4 dia shift light going on.

Love your number 6 tip...... :-B
 
Joined
·
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-29 18:22, Bushmaster wrote:
If you can stand the strain on your bank account, you might want to do a tubular K-member while you're at it. They pretty much have to drop yours out to do the longtube install, and it'll trim some pounds from the front end.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
Great Tip! I have been kicking around the idea of the tubular K member for some time.I'm going to wait and see what the car does in the 1/4 before I do the K member.From what i've hard the tubular K members are not that great on the street.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
I think, from what I've been told, that most tubular K-members aren't suitable for street use, but there are some that are. I think any reputable manufacturer will be the first to let you know if their part is stout enough for sustained street use. It's really a marginal modification as far as gains go, but if you're serious about quarter-miling, it's on the list. At some point that 30 or so extra pounds on the front end becomes more and more important....
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top