Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i298.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid298.photobucket.com/albums/mm280/Cochese_bucket/M2U00273.flv">

I would also like to add...if an owner of a 2001 Bullitt is looking to replace one missing factory grey valve cap in a pinch...there is (or should be) one located on the spare tire. :nerd:

In addition, if anyone knows of where to pick up factory grey valve caps that were used on Mustangs of this era, please let me know. I would like to have more factory grey valve caps on hand. :)

·
Registered
421 Posts
My buddy has a '98 civic hatch and he just did the same mod to his beast. He says it adds like 20 horses to the ground.

·
Banned
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Loaded said:
My buddy has a '98 civic hatch and he just did the same mod to his beast. He says it adds like 20 horses to the ground.
Common misconception in the ricer arena(s).

Being a reasonable V-8 man, I know that it really adds only about 5 horses to the ground.

:nerd:

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Are there not about a Brazillion cars in salvage-yards across this Great Country of ours that have these very pieces of cheap plastic attached to each and every wheel? :rolleyes:

Steal 'em! :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
nice work as always collin, keep up the good work ;)

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Plastic sandwich baggie? Not unless you make rectangular sandwiches.

I put my grey caps away years ago for safe keeping and replaced them with bling bling chrome. Which in no time were stolen by creepy faced zombies in a parking lot.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Are the GN caps not the same style? Just wondering.

Chad

·
Premium Member
18,861 Posts
Mid Life Crisis #388 said:
Collin your Gray caps are on their way. Thanks
Many thanks to you, Larry.

:)

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Collin,since you are doing tire/valve cap mods,you have been tapped to try the "Helium gas in tire mod". Should give less rotating weight,faster Bullitt speeds,and gas installer a funny voice while doing mod! We are awaiting video showing results!!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
When I had new tires put on 2445 not long ago, I had them filled with nitrogen. When I picked it up, I had Dark Highland Green caps on it. But next to the red calipers, it looked too much like a Christmas tree, so I replaced them with the more common black caps. Goes well with the black paint, imo.

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
Y2K16T8 said:
Plastic sandwich baggie? Not unless you make rectangular sandwiches.

I put my grey caps away years ago for safe keeping and replaced them with bling bling chrome. Which in no time were stolen by creepy faced zombies in a parking lot.
No creepy faced zombies have found mine yet, knock on wood. I don't remember what I did with the ugly grey, er...I mean exquisite factory caps. :roll:

·
Premium Member
18,861 Posts
Many thanks for the caps, Mid Life.

Received them (cap on right in the pic) today and they are pretty close to identical to the original caps (cap on left in the pic).

I can't read the numbers on either cap (I've been up since 0330) but the shape/form are very close. The original caps are slightly darker in color...but not by much which could be due to age/weathering.

Many thanks again...YOU rock, sir.

:smile:

·
Premium Member
4,122 Posts
No problem you are welcome. I have the same cap part number on my 2000 Windstar but it is in black. I am not 100% sure on which vehicles the gray ones were used on. I had a place that said the Gray caps were used on Ford from 92 through 2004 but I am not sure. They wanted $7.99 for one gray cap and one valve stem.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts