Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all... just a lil update... took in mrs bullitt do Dasilva racing ontarion where i get most of my mods done. very trustworthy and friendly guy/owner.anyhow, i brought it in since my rack and pinion completly blew off, went to get it fixed there as i dont trust my local dealer anymore, and prefer that this guy touched bullitt than anybody else. so i went in, and at the same time decided to spend lil bit more money and get the eibach pro kit system, the steeda tri ax shifter, and the sct tuner. dropped in with the rack pinion repair, a total of 2.500 dollars.
now i wanted to know , as i am sure ill feel a difference on those of you that have those mods to tell me how it feels and how it drives from that point on. i ll pick it up on tuesday, so im kinda excited. its new mods i havent done for a long time since i was away, and wanna share my excitment. lol.
next step is in feb/ march for the whole supercharger kit and air cold and pistons, cams etc...
also, i am thinking of reinforcing the chassis with a sub frame connector, any oh you did that tell me more.
thanks a lot, im really impatient to take her out and to feel her new touch;)

regards. GREGG

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
I just put the pro kit on mine feels even more stable around corners. It will lower yours about another 3/4 of an inch although when we measured mine it dropped a full inch in front and an inch and a 1/4 in the rear.

·
Quest for single digits
12,030 Posts
I was wondering whose black Bullitt was all taken apart on the hoist when I was there today. I asked Joe why the rear end was all apart and the axles on the floor. I guess it'll be back together by Tuesday... :wink:

Just kidding. I went to pick mine up today with new input shaft and stuff and I asked Joe whose Bullitt was there and what was being done? He said just enough stuff to beat the Green one in the back. Now I know it was your car. Car looks good btw.

·
Charles
13,300 Posts
kaylan1521 said:
I went to pick mine up today with new input shaft and stuff and I asked Joe whose Bullitt was there and what was being done? He said just enough stuff to beat the Green one in the back. Now I know it was your car. Car looks good btw.
Does that mean his bill will be a litlle higher than $2500???? :lol: How is you car running now? Did they only replace the input shaft or additional stuff?

·
Quest for single digits
12,030 Posts
Bullitt 736 said:
Does that mean his bill will be a litlle higher than $2500???? :lol: How is you car running now? Did they only replace the input shaft or additional stuff?
The only thing that was actually broke was the shaft. a week earlier I replaced plugs, MAF, Air/fuel filters, and retuned it. Made a couple of passes....BOOM. Then more $$. Thankfully the wife unit stayed in the parking lot while I sorted out the bill. :hyper:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hehe... yeah kaylan,,, that was my baby.... thanks for the compliment on the car.you know i try to take care of her as much as i can and do things whenever i can. really the rear end was a part... hmmm lol...u scaring me... lol.. oh well no problem i still trust joe so much. im just repairing the rack and pinion for new. i had a pretty bad leak and it kinda exploded inside as he told me. i said.... change it right away... ehhe... and then added couple things on the list too;) had too while i was there. some sick rides there, speciallly the new generation mustangs... wow... including yours;)
went to check out yours.... hmm i dont think ill be beating you anytime UNTIL feb or march;) you guys gotta let me know when u hook up, i wanna be there next time. lets meet up for a beer whenever kaylan. yours looks amazing and mean with those rear tires on;)
#736charles, the bill was not higher than that for now, i promise,that all the mods i did today.. lol... but it will very soon. i got lots of beautiful competition down here... gotta make sure my standards are as high as everyone around TDOT and the bullitts on this site.
joe might lower it to 1 inch to 1.5 inches. is that too much drop, droopysbullitt has 3/4 to an inch... is that good enough? considering i have original rim size? i ike taking sharp corners, you know, european drivers;) hehe...

kaylan, seriously lets meet up sometime and with the bullitt club if there is one in tdot, add me to it please. id appreciate that...

thanks...

gregg

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
anyways.. when joe has my car in his hands... he does whatever he wants and whatever he thinks best with the eibach pro kit as for inches..just let me know what u guys have so i can see how far i can go if anything later on, plus he the mustang man/pro. so i m just really excited to get it done... BTW, i checked up my post, i did not do the sct tuner... i was going to.. but joe told me to wait until i get the supercharger later, as i think as well it would be best, dont have the need for it now. sorry bout that mistake... guess i was typing without paying attention to that part, but wanted to clarify that i was going ot get it, was talked out of it for now. the rest is being doneand really excited.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
kaylan, no imnot in mississauga, im either in woodbridge, fiances house, or in north york, yonge and finch. PM me ur number. ill PM u mine right now.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you are right. all these pot holes and what nots. so whats the best? 3/4 to one inch? is that what joe did to yours? i m really scared to scratch under my car, and also, to get into my underground garage, has a steep descent, and kindof an 100 degree angle. im scared the front end will touch and scratch my mach 1 chin. what u say?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i think it will...ill tell joe the max i can go would be 3/4. again, porches and corvettes get in there, so it shouldnt be worse than that right?
how much did ur rear tires cost? id liek to get some of those. can i jsut install them on my car?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
736, please post those pics...i am concerned about the fact that if i drop it a lil bit to low, i know ill scratch it in my garage. i think 1 inch= 2.5 cm shoule be the limit.
thanks

·
Charles
13,300 Posts
Here ya go. H&R Supersports with Prothane isolators. Keep in mind that the Bullitt is already 3/4" lower than the regular GT. I think mine dropped about one half inch. The Supersports are supposed to be a lower drop than the Eibach Pro-kit. I wonder what kind of isolators Droopy used to get the drop that he did???? Sounds like your garage is a real problem. I would pull into your garage and have someone verify how much clearance you have just to be sure.

DSC03081.JPG DSC03082.JPG

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ill check for the clearance... thanks for the pics and advice. im calling the shop to see how much they will lower it too... i m sure things should be fine. thanks again.
g

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Those mods should make the car more fun man. Can't wait to see the outcome. Charles, That pic of the front wheel really makes me want to get a Maximum Motorsports K-member to center the wheel in the wheel well. That drives me nuts! Hell could you just slot the stock K-member bolt holes and move the K-member forward 1/2" and re-align and recaster it?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imma post some pics tomorrow of different angles of the car... that would be a first as i never posted any pics of my car anywhere....shes an internet virgin....LOOOLLLL.... cant wait to drive it tomorrow....
lates... G

1 - 20 of 23 Posts