Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
You can get a couple of sets on ebay right now. I think they were 359 plus shipping. I wonder if they are the same if not better than the GMS ones that are out now.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
The MSD'S wern't out when I was looking for new COP's. GMS was on terminal back order, so I ended up with Accel's from YEAR ONE. Half the price of GMS but with out GMS's solid connectors. Just spring style like OEM. They're yellow and the car does seem zippier. :wink: All the performance coils are most likely an improvement on motorcrafts, sounds Like GMS's SOLID Low resistance connector are what to really look for...

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Jim5081 said:
All the performance coils are most likely an improvement on motorcrafts
thats what you would think, but i'm not sure its true. i will try to find the thread from another site i found... there were a lot of complaints about the GMS and the MSD's. someone was saying that the ford OEM coils have been good to 1,000 hp and more. give me a sec and i'll find it.....

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
bullitt890 said:
Yup, that was interesting. I like how GMS and Ford chimed in. I guess it's the "eyes of the beholder" when it comes to Modding. I thought I needed to change my Plugs ( 58,000 miles 30,000 with the supercharger) and thought I might as well do the coil packs while I was down there. After 6 weeks of Backorder with the GMS's, I got a 20% off coupon from YearOne. They had Accel's on sale for 24.95 and with the coupon it was $183 and some change to my door in less than a week. And the rest is history :lol: Oh, and by the way, the plugs weren't that bad either!:eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts