Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 3 weeks ago on my way to work all the sudden a noise started up. The noise will disappear when I hit the gas but reappears when I let the car slow down. If I throw the clutch in the noise also disappears. The car makes no noise parked and idling. Thanks for your responses.

4thstang

·
Registered
182 Posts
What does it sound like? If it is a squeaking then I would say a throw out bearing would be the culprit b/c thats what mine is doing.

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
my guess is throw out bearing

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The sound is kind of a wooooo noise and the faster I am going the louder it is. I must correct something I said earlier. When I accelerate the noise gets louder. When I let off the gas it kind of declines. At slow speeds it's bearly noticable but at highway speeds it gets quite loud.

Thx

·
Registered
182 Posts
hmmm...might be a differential noise. Do you have aftermarket gears? and if so what brand? Also when you push the clutch in at the high speeds does it go away? If not it is probably either a differential or just road noise. I have noticed it as well on my car from my tires being worn down more.

·
Registered
580 Posts
BaddBullitt said:
Sounds like the throw out bearing to me!!!! Mine does the same thing too, and I had it replaced a little over a year ago....
Nevermind my post.. I read up..lol.. Seems I jumped the gun a tick early.. Could be the gears...lol..

·
Car Whisperer
21,377 Posts
could be tires too, wheel bearings, unless you definitely hear it at idle. if you hear it at idle...not the rear gears or tires or bearings, except t/o bearing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The sound does stop at high speeds when I push in the clutch. What I do is push in the clutch and even rev the motor at high speeds to see if the sound is there and it's not. I initially thought it was the idler bearing which I have replaced before but this doesn't fit the profile. So again sound gets louder at high speeds and when I apply the clutch it's gone.

Thanks

·
Registered
182 Posts
hmmm...well this is strange...makes me think tranny or throw out bearing. Check the fluid in your trans and just so you know, the 3650 is notorious for being loud. Especially with an aftermarket shifter. At least I know mine is.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Mine has a drone in 5th gear but I really believe it is just the tranny with the shifter b/c I have the Tri-Ax as well and it is always noisy! But hey I bought my car with 82k miles with a blown 1st and 3rd gear...but 5th was just as noisy then as it is now and the trannys been repaired. Everything else looked great so dont worry. Car is just over 98k now and still going strong!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts