Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. my first post here.
I just purchased this week a 2019 Bullitt with 500 miles on it.
The car still has its original factory fill of oil- now 3.5 years old. and I want to change it because usually I change after 1 year regardless of miles. I bought the car from its original owners and its never been serviced.
With 500 miles the car is still on its 'Break in' period, so I ask....change or not to change the oil?

thanks
Mark W

·
Premium Member
6,207 Posts
From an 01 owner change the oil and filter ASAP!!!

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
From a 19 Driver with low 10k+ miles, YES, change the oil and filter, it is not just Miles but TIME that ages all the fluids. Your 19 Bullitt has been a garage queen. Sitting idle is bad for fluids. Drive it! Some catching up to do.
And count the years for the other fluid changes, not just miles. Brake fluid absorbs water and turns brown. The motor, rear diff and tranny are still just breaking in at 500 miles. Your coolant and power steering fluids are now 3+ years old .

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
A few hours ago in a great phone conversation, a Bullitthead from Kansas reminded me that the electrons in the S550 Mustang electric power steering unit do not need changing. No power steering fluid. So used to my 08 and still learning my 19.
Just remember, you are still breaking in your 19 Bullitt.
The Ford Racing Performance Parts FL870 oil filter is compatible on the S550 and is an improvement over the stock Motorcraft.

·
Premium Member
2019 Mustang Bullitt, DHG # K7822
19 Posts
Hello all. my first post here.
I just purchased this week a 2019 Bullitt with 500 miles on it.
The car still has its original factory fill of oil- now 3.5 years old. and I want to change it because usually I change after 1 year regardless of miles. I bought the car from its original owners and its never been serviced.
With 500 miles the car is still on its 'Break in' period, so I ask....change or not to change the oil?

thanks
Mark W
Congrates !! I would suggest you change the oil. It still can build up contaminates just from sitting.. Same reason you changed your oil once a year regardless .
Again best of luck !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts