Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had new rear Heavy Duty LCA's and Panhard Bar installed. Haven't had a chance to really test it out yet, but seems so far like she's on rails. The only thing is, should I feel a slight "binding" (for lack of a better word) in the rear around low speed turns? - Alan

·
Registered
987 Posts
The bending feeling could be that the bar is keeping the wheels planted and your feeling the body roll alittle. Do u have stock springs?

·
Registered
342 Posts
post some pics

·
Registered
152 Posts
How did the panhard rod fit? I was trying to have one installed but it would not clear the shock mount & exhaust on the right rear. Only way to make it would would have been to cut the pipes and use turn down tips to dump the exhaiust right behind the muffler's which make it way too loud.
I did the Steeda lower control arms with the two piece (non bind) bushings. The rear is much better but there a just little bind if making a sharp complete 180deg turn. But on regular street or road coarse its hooked up very nicley. No more rubber bushing wiggles!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't do the install myself, I found a local garage that seems to know what they are doing. Not sure if you can tell much by them, but here are some pics:

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have had a chance now to do some more driving with the Panhard Bar/ HD LCA setup. The B does indeed feel like it is on rails, but my only concern is NVH. I notice a slight scraping noise from the rear, sounds like a brake backing plate is rubbing, but it isn't. Also, once I get above 60-70mph I hear a hum getting louder and feel some vibration in the seat of the pants. I assume this is because the rear is tightened up substantially and is transmitting more NVH through the frame/body? Should I be concerned? Anyone have any other explanations? Everything looks correct under the car, nothing rubbing, etc. Am taking her to do some lapping on the local road track tomorrow, so I will see what difference these mods have really made!

Alan

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
agray56 said:
I have had a chance now to do some more driving with the Panhard Bar/ HD LCA setup. The B does indeed feel like it is on rails, but my only concern is NVH. I notice a slight scraping noise from the rear, sounds like a brake backing plate is rubbing, but it isn't. Also, once I get above 60-70mph I hear a hum getting louder and feel some vibration in the seat of the pants. I assume this is because the rear is tightened up substantially and is transmitting more NVH through the frame/body? Should I be concerned? Anyone have any other explanations? Everything looks correct under the car, nothing rubbing, etc. Am taking her to do some lapping on the local road track tomorrow, so I will see what difference these mods have really made!

Alan
My guess is the NVH is from the main support bar rubbing the exhaust. I installed a MM panhard bar myself on my Bullitt, there was very little room to work with so it must be percise to clear the exhaust cat back. Put your Bullitt up on a drive on lift or over a pit to check the clearances like marks from rubbing or look for contact when moving the exhaust. Do this while the car is sitting static, you shouldn't have any noises or vibration issues- also make sure the adjustable bar is level while your there.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rear HD LCA's $259.95
Panhard Bar $339.95

Plus shipping of course. The back end is much tighter on the road course, much easier to control if the rear end swings out. When you jack one side of the car up, the other side goes with it! Rides a bit harsher of course, but not too much. All in all I am pleased, can't wait to try it in some autocross next year.:smile:

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
agray56 said:
Rear HD LCA's $259.95
Panhard Bar $339.95

Plus shipping of course. The back end is much tighter on the road course, much easier to control if the rear end swings out. When you jack one side of the car up, the other side goes with it! Rides a bit harsher of course, but not too much. All in all I am pleased, can't wait to try it in some autocross next year.:smile:
Panhard bar on road course = :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts