·
Registered
14,703 Posts
How dark are they?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Karl, I was thinking about asking you to create a new signature for me, since it looks a lot different with the tint!

5111, I had them done at 35% because that's the legal limit here, and I don't want any extra attention from the law!! :grin:

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Looks good, Moljay.

I just had the tint stripped off my doors and redone to 35% to satisfy an Arizona ticket. Everything else, including the front eyebrow strip is still 5%.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Jay they lied to ya you could have gone to 32% and been fine. :smile: looks good though

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
I don't think I have to worry about heat right now with snow on the ground!! LOL I figure it will help keep the interior from fading too.
Cam

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
227 is going back to the body shop, but after that is finished, I am thinking of getting the Windows tinted as well. All black Bullitt should look VERY KEWL with a nice dark tint :wink:...

See ya.

Bud

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bullittbro1, they didn't lie to me, they explained that because of the reflectivity of the tint, a 35% film transmits 32% light thru it, so it is as dark as I could go legally. I don't fully understand that, but the tint guy was real knowledgable, so I believe him. Besides, I had read 1Nasty's story about getting a ticket for his, and I didn't want the same to happen to me. It seems a bit darker now, after the tint has fully dried, and I really like it.

Chalmers2212, I got it done at Mustang Services & Performance in Marietta. They charged me $189, and I highly recommend them, they did an awesome job, I can't find a bubble anywhere! :grin: Their number is 770-591-0000 if you want to contact them. They also installed my chip and gears.

MGW Satin Trim Pieces & Shifter Handle
100mm Densecharger
Spin Tech Pro-Street Mufflers(Wow, what a sound!)
Magnaflow X-Pipe, 3.73 Gears, Diablosport Chip

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MOLJAY on 2002-01-23 09:48 ]</font>

·
Registered
724 Posts
Jay, what about the dots(can't think of the word)? How did they tint around them, or the black plastic on the outside like Mike's?(wixbullitt)I can't remember who was who when we met (the big fella's)

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They tinted from the dot matrix down, and they have another shop that can add the black strip on the outside over the dots, for $40. I was going to have this done, but the more I look at it, the more I like it just the way it is. The dot matrix is fairly dark already, and it blends in nicely, so I'm just going to save that $40. John saw it on Monday, and he said he wouldn't bother adding it, so I'm going to keep it as is. :smile:

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
I don't suppose that you could get us a closer picture that show the dot matrix?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't have my digital camera with me today, but I will try to remember to take a couple of the dot matrix tomorrow. It would probably look a little better with the black strip on the outside, but I don't think it would look $40 better...:grin:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't know how strict Georgia is on enforcing it, but I didn't want to take any chances. I do know that 1Nasty had a fine of close to $200, and it would probably cost $100-150 to get it removed, plus the cost to get them re-tinted, so I didn't think it is worth the risk. It looks plenty dark at legal limit, anyway, so I'm happy with mine. Maybe you won't ever get stopped, hopefully you won't. :smile:

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Maybe I can get intouch with my brother and if he hasn't got it tinted yet get him to bump it to about 25%

1 - 20 of 29 Posts