Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Don't quite know how this works but here goes. I recently uupgraded my GT to a Bullitt. These are my new plates. Missed the recent gathering of Bullitts in Grapevine but will sure try to make the next one.
Laura

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2002-01-12 22:57 ]</font>

·
Registered
378 Posts
Bullittla, how did you upgrade your GT to a Bullitt?

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
You wouldn't happen to be the girl that I met at the boring North Texas Mustang Club meeting? Long blonde hair?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool! Can't wait to see my own car cycle through my screen saver!

And yes, I'm the blonde from the boring North Texas Mustang Club meeting. Were you at the Bullitt gathering in Grapevine last week? I missed it. I hope we do it again soon!

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Yes, I was there. The rain sucked, but otherwise it was fun. A lot better than the NT mustang club.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm responding to my own daughter because this is a really neat site and my daughter is a Mustang nut. The Bullitt is her third 'Stang. She had a 2001 GT and when Ford offerred 0% financing she tried for a Bullitt and it worked out. When she took delivery, she drove the car to a night school class and I drove it home. She told me that it rode better than the GT. I said, "No, it handles better than a GT." Actually we were both right - it rides and handles better. I understand handling better - subframe connectors and suspension changes - but why does it ride better? And it does. Anyway, I hope you don't mind a non owner participating, but I really like the Bullitt - I just can't afford one. Always fly right. Pops

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,251 Posts
Hey pops, get your daughter or yourself to check the driver's side shock tower for the production number. Then post it in this forum "Bullittproof" and we will get it put on the Registry with the 676 other Bullitts there!

That is aweful nice of your daughter to let you drive her car, pops! :grin:

1969 Coupe
2001 DHG #344 Bullitt
2000 Cobra R #227

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TwoStangWmn on 2002-01-12 23:12 ]</font>

·
Registered
132 Posts
Can you believe that my daughter lets me drive her Bullitt? In fact, she gave me five days driving her car for Christmas. I get to choose any days I want. Perfect. Laura's BN is 3264, DHG. I am still interested in why the Bullitt rides better than the GT. I expected the lowering to make it ride worse, but it doesn't. If I win the lottery tonight, I'll change my call sign from bullittpops to ownerpops. Fly Right. Pops.

·
Premium Member
18,850 Posts
Hello bullittpops! Fly right...rubber side
down, slick side up! (you already know this
otherwise you would not be posting here)
:lol:
Check your private messages.

DHG #3875
Modifications:
BULLITT chase scene recreated on rear dash
with Revell 1/25 scale 68 GT 390 Fastback and
68 Charger R/T metal body models. Unfortunately
the hub caps don't come off the Charger.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PY on 2002-01-13 00:17 ]</font>

·
Registered
124 Posts
test again

·
Registered
444 Posts
The reason it rides better is b/c, the Bullitt has different Shocks. The car comes in with a set of Tokico revalved shocks. So the car now handles and rides a lot better than a GT. I noticed the same thing when I traded in my '01 GT for the Bullitt.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts