Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I saw the work of Unique Automotive Designs I knew I needed them to do some custom work for me. So since I wanted green covers and I am a big fan of WWII planes I gave them an idea and they did it. I have had mixed reviews but I like it so I guess thats all that matters. Here is pics of their work.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I dig it.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
j0eyabs said:
When I saw the work of Unique Automotive Designs I knew I needed them to do some custom work for me. So since I wanted green covers and I am a big fan of WWII planes I gave them an idea and they did it. I have had mixed reviews but I like it so I guess thats all that matters. Here is pics of their work.

Hi Mike,

Now that is different.........

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I thought it was cool too but these guys here on the 5.0 site in the SF Bay area don't seem to like it much. Not all, but most, just think a car is good if its a V8 and Fast. They dont appretiaite much else.

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
j0eyabs said:
Yeah I thought it was cool too but these guys here on the 5.0 site in the SF Bay area don't seem to like it much. Not all, but most, just think a car is good if its a V8 and Fast. They dont appretiaite much else.

thats their loss then

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
MIKE, VERY ORGINAL,I LIKE IT. IF YOU LIKE IT THATS ALL THAT MATTERS GOOD LUCK AND BE SAFE JOHN

·
Registered
116 Posts
What was the cost for the special paint?

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Parts, paint, and shipping it ws $495. Not bad I think cause the plenum and fuel rail covers are usually $300 for the set, i think.

·
Premium Member
1,935 Posts
Looking good mike. You like it I like it. :smile: :smile:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Original

j0eyabs said:

Collectors have told me to keep my "Bullitt" #2939 original. Reason being, modifications will reduce the value. Is this true? What do all of you thinki?

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Richard, you will encounter both thoughts here.

One side is "it's your car, you paid for it so enjoy it any way you want". Logic being that it will take 30+ years before it might become a real "collector" car so you go ahead, mod and enjoy it.

The other side is it a limited car and could eventually become a collector so keep it stock and true to its roots. If you want a modded Mustang, get a GT and go from there and leave the Bullitt stock.

For me, and this is just MHO that I apply to my Bullitt. Do not make major changes that cannot be readily undone. If you replace a piece, keep the orginal piece so it can be restored if you (or the next owner) wishes to put it back to stock.

Of couse that was before I saw the "glass roof" mod that someone else did to their Bullitt. :) After all, I bought mine because it was a dark green Mustang with a V8 and this is the only way to get a dark green Mustang. Had nothing to do with the movie, Steve McQueen. But, I will try to respect the roots of the car.

Bottom line, I don't know either. I keep changing my mind :) :)

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Richard,JackDW-852 said it best I agree with him 100%. All the mods I have made can be returned to stock, even the Thumpr cams if need be. Just injoy the moment. BE SAFE JOHN

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
I say it is Your Bullitt !!!!!!!!!!!!

Richard said:
Collectors have told me to keep my "Bullitt" #2939 original. Reason being, modifications will reduce the value. Is this true? What do all of you think?
Hey Richard,

I "Personally" say do with (Your-Bullitt) what makes you Happy Owning & Driving it.

That is exactly what I am doing and I am really getting into this Mod. thing.

The more I do the Faster the Bullitt becomes and the Coolness Factor Rises IMHO.

Enjoy your ride Richard as I am an many others here on IMBOC............

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
185 Posts
I will not make any permanent changes on my Bullitt either.I think the plenum cover is way cool and I bet it will get you points at the car shows.

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
I want to keep mine stock mainly because I like it just the way it is. I will probably add some aluminum dress up stuff under the hood though so I stand a better chance at placing first in a car show.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts