Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I replace my rotors with Powerslots, can I just do the front or should I do the rears also? Will there be any problem with putting my new HP+ pads back on the front?...they were used only for one tank of gas before hibernation. Also HPS pads on the rear with maybe 1000 miles on them.

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
Hi Agray,
I think that having equal components on all wheels will give better results in performance driving or emergency accident avoidance situations.

What do you think, guys?

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
I'm with Rick on this. Especially with safety equipment.

In general, I am not too keen on "Mixing and Matching". Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I would have no problem running that combo. I would find a side road and do some tests to see what it is like under emergency conditions. Slotted fronts and solid backs would be a no brainer for me. Mixing the pads front and rear is what I would be interested in how that worked. Normal driving everything would be fine I would think. At a road course would be a real test.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Im with MSC. i have slotted rotors in the front and solid rotors in the rear on my track car('85 turbo tbird haha). the brakes are all sn95 gt brakes with hp+ front and rear. the different pads is what i would be worried about.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually I already have run on the track with HP+ on the front and HPS on the rear with the stock rotors and no noticeable problems, they performed really well.

Alan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts