Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had this reproduction HURST shifter lever,which I custom designed and machined some years back for my 85 LX. I was able to install it with the factory Bullitt shifter boot,no cutting up of anything. IT REALLY makes the interior complete,for me anyhow! This is the flat type lever used on the 60's Comp Plus models and on the 70 Boss Mustangs. With the white 5 spd classic ball,it brings me back to the good ole days. Will get some pics. on here of it. If you happen to have a Feb.92 issue of MM&FF mag.,there is a shot of it in the 85 LX story!

·
Registered
78 Posts
MUS408...

Great idea on the Hurst lever. Any leads as to where a guy could find them?

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bullitt680,I had to make it myself,don't think Hurst has anything exactly like it. I would try to make them for sale,But then you get into copyright problems.As soon as I can get some pics. made up or a borrowed digital cam. I will put them on here.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Mus408

Thanks...I'll look forward to seeing the pics.

·
Registered
153 Posts
You can buy the hurst stick and put it on your shifter.I ordered the stick from hurst stock #538-8550 and the T-handle #153-0003 thats with the button for o2 or line lock. its just like the one i had in my BOSS 302 back in the day.I will get some pictures up if anybody would like. The stick will fit the stock or after market shifters.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I went the Hurst route too. If you want the part numbers, prices and who to call, let me know. I can give you all the info. It wasn't cheap though. All totaled, stick and ball, around 100.00. I probably over paid though.

Bullitt #2759 Dark Highland Green
Mods: MGW tid-bits, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter w/Hurst stick and ball, Ford Racing aluminum driveshaft, CDC sequential taillights, Densecharger.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Y2K16T8 on 2002-01-15 08:01 ]</font>

·
Registered
309 Posts
I'm amazed that you guys are all looking for information on where to buy the Hurst stick, and I have one for sale (brand new, and cheaper than everyone is selling them for) and nobody wants to buy it. :???:

I'll reiterate it here in case someone is interested. I have the Hurst chrome stick (P/N 538-8550) and the standard white Hurst ball (not the one with the inlaid pattern, it's just the standard one) for sale for $80 shipped. Everywhere else you price it will be $70 for the stick + shipping (about $7 or so). That works out to an extra $3 for the ball (that if you don't like, you've only wasted $3 on).

Actually, I'll tell you what. I'll drop the price to $75 shipped for everything. That's $2 less than you'll pay anywhere else and you get the ball for free. :grin:

I went a slightly different route (black ball on a different stick) and this stick was only on the car for 1 day. I've only had it for less than a week.

I will be returning it to the retailer next week if nobody wants it. If you're looking for a Hurst stick for your Bullitt, this is what you're looking for and this is the right price! E-mail me if you're interested! [email protected]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts