Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
It is in the Bullitt Archives at top of page, go to your Ford parts counter and show them this tsb
AUTHENTICITY STICKER DAMAGE
SOME 2001 BULLITT MUSTANG MAY HAVE THE LETTERING COME OFF THE BULLITT AUTHENTICITY STICKER THAT IS FOUND ON THE DRIVER'S SIDE SHOCK TOWER. THIS MAY BE DUE TO THE USE OF CERTAIN CLEANING PRODUCTS. IF THIS DOES OCCUR OR THE STICKER IS DAMAGED IN ANY WAY, PLEASE CONTACT OUR SPECIAL SERVICE SUPPORT CENTER AT 1-800-325-5621 TO OBTAIN ONE (1) REPLACEMENT STICKER. THIS STICKER WILL NOT BE RELEASED FOR SERVICE AT A LATER DATE. THEREFORE, THIS WILL BE THE ONLY STICKER PROVIDED. DEALER WILL NEED TO PROVIDE THE VEHICLE IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (VIN), BULLITT STICKER # AND REFERENCE THIS SSM # AT THIS TIME. THIS SERVICE CENTER CAN BE CONTACTED M-F 7:30AM-7:30PM EASTERN STANDARD TIME (EST) AND SAT. 8:00AM-5:00PM .

·
Registered
15 Posts
A previous owner already got the replacement sticker, and it is not in the car. I wonder if I can track him down through this site. I know this car has been registered on this site before.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,583 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
01396 said:
A previous owner already got the replacement sticker, and it is not in the car. I wonder if I can track him down through this site. I know this car has been registered on this site before.

Yes, it should say who owned your car next to the number in the registry. Now on mine I am the 4th owner the 3rd never registered it. So keep that in mind if the car changed hands a few times. Its cool you could look up the history of the car on here.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
bullitt701 said:
so the bullitt sticker on my shock tower is fadded pretty bad. does anybody know if it is possible to get a replacement one and if so how?

It took me about a year to get mine. I went to a dealer that I buy alot of parts through. I gave him all the info, we went back and forth. I would call him and he would say everyone he talks to pushes him off on someone else and some people have said it doesnt exist. He said he will call me when he finds something out. So months later I went to a differant ford dealer to get headlights and at that point I remembered about the sticker and I thought I would ask this guy about it, he said bring the info so I ran home to get it and brought it back. He said give him a few minutes. He came back and said it will be here in 3 days. He was as happy as I was. So 3 days later he calls me saying its in. So my point is and it was said on here in the past by other people if any dealer gives you trouble try a new one until you get it.

·
Registered
454 Posts
The biggest thing I ran into with the dealer is just getting them to call the phone number on the SSB. If they read the SSB and call the number, it's a 5 minute deal, they just give your VIN number, and the sticker is on the way. I got upset with my dealer, and just told the guy "Call The Number!!!!!". He got upset with me, but called, and then gave me the apology when he was done on the phone.

·
Premium Member
13,266 Posts
01 blue bullitt said:
do you just place the new sticker over the old one or remove the old one?
I removed the old one since you could not read it and replaced it with the hologram I got from Ford. Up to personal preference IMO. If I would have kept it in an envelope then if I was ever to sell it, the new owner may end up like this situation. So I thought it best to keep it with the car.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I got my sticker in 3 days and had no hassel at all! I guess it all depends on the ford dealer some are slackers and some are not. And I just kept mine in the folder from ford until I need it

·
Premium Member
13,266 Posts
seano32b said:
Is this a replacement sticker for the shock tower? I am lost here. Is the replacement one more durable than the original or is it just for collector's value?
Correct. The original does not hold up well to water and wiping. Didn't take much to erase your number from the sticker. The replacement has a protective coating over it

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.