Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was sick of the GT emblems on the side. I got these today and put them right on, I love how it looks. Heres some pics of 2436 with the new emblems and touched up front bumper

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
You know I like them!! :wink:

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
nice :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Good call, I have the same ones! I think they look sooooo much better than the crappy GT badges, I hated those damn things.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have wanted to make that change for awhile. How hard was it to get the GT badges off (without scratching anything)? Are the originals solely stuck on with adhesive tape, or is it a combination of adhesive and a post from the emblem going through the fender itself?

Thanks,

Fred

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Voldadof2 said:
I have wanted to make that change for awhile. How hard was it to get the GT badges off (without scratching anything)? Are the originals solely stuck on with adhesive tape, or is it a combination of adhesive and a post from the emblem going through the fender itself?

Thanks,

Fred
Fred-the GT emblems are simply fastened with double sided tape from the factory. There is a tab that extends into a pilot hole on the fender. Most people use either dental floss or fishing line to remove the stock emblems. Some have used heat in conjunction with the above. I just used dental floss in a back & forth motion working my way around the emblem towards the tab I mentioned. When you get the emblem off you will have some residue left, I used goo-gone, others have used other products. There are several threads about emblem removal-here are a few....http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106374&page=2&highlight=emblem+removal

http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98260&highlight=emblem+removal

There are tons more, and probably by the time I post this you will already have more responses...John R

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Glad to hear your not selling your car anymore, I saw them in person tonight! I haven't been on here lately so thats why I didn't see this post, sorry:)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts