Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a note I received from mileliminators.com...
Dennis,

We are wrapping up our 99+ Tach adapters this weekend, and they will go on sale next week. In about 30 days, our sequential taillights will go on sale, and in about 60-75 days our traction control disable switches will go on sale. In other words, the TC disable switch is 3rd in line. If you aren't already on the email list, I'll add you and send a full update next week, along with the URL of our new website.

Keep the rubber side down.

Dan Smith
PEP
mileliminators.com
[email protected]

Dan also added that if you'd like to get on a mailing list to be updated when each new product is available just shoot Dan an email at [email protected]
Great price for their tail light sequentials.
I can't wait for the Traction Control default to OFF switch!

·
Registered
714 Posts
Dennis, did they mention how much that tach adapter was going to go for? I still want to install a mini shift light on the top of my steering column but I'm not willing to pay the $300 that Paul High Performance is selling his for.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, their stuff looks very promising...some items one-of-a-kind, and great prices!
Target prices for...
Tach Adapt for coil-on-plug sys...$100
Seq. turn signals...$90
Accessory switch (for fog light switch location)...$26
Traction Control Switch default "OFF"...$50

Check it out at their site http://www.mileliminators.com

1,169 Posts
Dennis,thanks for starting this post!!!! I spoke to Dan Smith today he is shipping me a Tach Adapt out today overnight shipping to Joe at Fordspeed.com we need it for my shift light.

Here is a link to the new site for his products http://www.ponyexpressperformance.com/index.html

·
Registered
714 Posts
Autometer makes a tach adapter for 99 and newer Stangs too now. From their catalog:

This Tach Adapter allows users to connect a tachometer, shift light, or RPM activated switch to their distributorless ignition system (Including 1999 and newer Ford Mustangs). The unit senses the current going through the positive coil source wire, then converts that information into a 12-volt square wave signal that can be read by Auto Meter tachometers and accessories. The tach adapter is compact and completely potted with polyurethane for vibration and water protection. The unit wires easily inline on the coil positive 12-volt wire, ground wire, and the tach output wire.

Part # 9117

·
Registered
75 Posts
how hard will it be to install the tach adapter?

1,169 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-31 21:00, Bullitt#4660 wrote:
Autometer makes a tach adapter for 99 and newer Stangs too now. From their catalog:

This Tach Adapter allows users to connect a tachometer, shift light, or RPM activated switch to their distributorless ignition system (Including 1999 and newer Ford Mustangs). The unit senses the current going through the positive coil source wire, then converts that information into a 12-volt square wave signal that can be read by Auto Meter tachometers and accessories. The tach adapter is compact and completely potted with polyurethane for vibration and water protection. The unit wires easily inline on the coil positive 12-volt wire, ground wire, and the tach output wire.

Part # 9117

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks for the info! The unit I bought today cost $99.95 plus $24.00 for overnight shipping. Not bad compared to the unit that is sold by Paul's High Performance. I did find the unit sold by auto meter on there site but could not find a price. Do you know the price?

By the way, I'm using the dash cluster pod made by auto meter part #10003. It's made for Mustangs made up to 2000. It looks like it will fit BUT there is a rectangular cut out that is for the rear defogger on 2000 and older Mustangs. Do you know if there is a dash cluster pod made for the 2001 Mustangs? I called auto meter about this before we order it they said the #10003 is for the 2001 (Apparently Not) she was no help. Thanks!

(Best ET to date 13.73 my Bullitt is stock other then Nitto DR's)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BULLITT #1042 (Ray Ackerman) on 2002-01-31 21:46 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Ray,
I have that gauge cluster. I temporarily epoxied a piece of Kydex to fill in the hole. My long term plan is to install the shift light behind a clear piece of plastic back there.

1,169 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-31 22:04, Barnaby wrote:
Ray,
I have that gauge cluster. I temporarily epoxied a piece of Kydex to fill in the hole. My long term plan is to install the shift light behind a clear piece of plastic back there.
I'm going to cover my also and have it painted to the original color. I also thought about putting a shift light there but I think it will be to hard to see.
I also have the tri pod for the A pillow. I'm going to have a local body shop die the two pods to the original interior color if your interested I can have them do your pods at the same time?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just FYI,

When we spoke to MSD, they told us 6-12 weeks for their tach adapter with no prices set.

Autometer said they didn't have a release date, and their product is still in testing phase. Sometime in late spring, early summer. No price set, either.

If you don't know what your competition is doing, you'd better not be in business.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
714 Posts
On 2002-01-31 22:54, Pony Express Performance wrote:
Just FYI,

When we spoke to MSD, they told us 6-12 weeks for their tach adapter with no prices set.

Autometer said they didn't have a release date, and their product is still in testing phase. Sometime in late spring, early summer. No price set, either.

If you don't know what your competition is doing, you'd better not be in business.

Hope this helps.
I just ordered one from ya on line. The sooner I get it, the sooner I can write good things about it! :smile:

Jay, Irvine CA
True Blue #4660 Vortech SQ S/C,Bassani X-pipe,Borla cat back,Tri-Ax,Alum D/S,18" Nittos on rear,Xenon spoiler,Powerslot rotors & Hawk HPS pads,MGW int,FR500 wheel

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt#4660 on 2002-01-31 23:08 ]</font>

1,169 Posts
On 2002-01-31 22:52, Pony Express Performance wrote:
Our tach adapters are available as we speak.

The retail price is $99.95 shipped. Ray wanted overnight shipping, thus the extra shipping charges.

Good things to come...

We have two websites:

MIL Eliminators: http://www.mileliminators.com
Everything else: http://www.ponyexpressperformance.com

Hi Dan, I'm glad you pointed that out,Yes I needed the tech adart ASAP and you came through for me THANKS!!!

Looking forward to the devise to set the TC to off as a default. I know there has been alot of people on this site not happy with the TC.

To anyone thinking about doing busieness with Pony Express Perforance... They took great care of me today,Dan Smith treated me like I was President Bush!!! Great customer service!!!! Thanks Dan.... :-B

Like Dan said the Tach Adapt is $99.95 "Shipped" I needed special shipping.

(Best ET to date 13.73 my Bullitt is stock other then Nitto DR's)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BULLITT #1042 (Ray Ackerman) on 2002-01-31 23:10 ]</font>

·
Registered
132 Posts
I also ordered my adapter yesterday.....I can't wait to use my 5" Autometer tach w/shift lite for something other than a dust collector.
For you guys who aren't interested in cutting up your dash to mount the tach, a guy named John Brooks makes the sweetest tach mount you've seen. Contact him about it at [email protected]
Here's a link to a photo of the tach and mount that someone posted on the Corral:
http://www.602.org/99cobra/tach/bracket.jpg
Also, here's a link to a pretty nice webpage dealing with the installation of the adapter and tach:
http://www.mudanoman.com/howto/tachometer/index.html

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bushmaster on 2002-02-01 07:41 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Thanks for the offer Ray. After I installed it I stopped noticing what color it was.

I may have trouble seeing the light too, they are pretty bright though. I would be looking for it, hopefully. If it doesn't work I'll just move it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts