Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, #3737 relinquished its build sheet to Daddy today. Momma tried and failed with her thin fingers, but I got it our intact (amazingly) with brute force (?). Here is a scan of it, as well as a digital pic of the adhesive tag on the lower flange of the rear bumper. Does anyone know the relationship between the two items? That tag says "UTICA PLANT" but I thought all the Bullitts were made in Dearborn? Any other observations?
Here is the Build Sheet

And here is the Additional Tag

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey Jeff,
The tag on your rear bumper cover contains info only about the bumper cover not the car.
The 1R3X-17K835-FAPDAV is the engineering part# for the rear cover. When the cars are assembled, they use parts that are made in different plants around the country (and sometimes world). The tag tells that your cover was manufactured on June 26 in the Utica plant. With regards to the build sheet, I can see that alot of the letter codes are codes for some of the components in your vehicle. I can check with one of the salesmen at my dealership and see if they are all just build codes to tell the assembly plant what to put on or in the car. I'll let you know what i come up with.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,069 Posts
So then the date we see on our build sheets from the bumper area is not the build date for the car? Just for the bumper?

Vicki

·
Registered
199 Posts
TwoStangWmn,
From what I understand the date on the build sheet is the build date for the cars. MustangMan is referring to the sticker on the rear bumper in his post (second picture).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt1164 on 2001-08-25 15:06 ]</font>

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very interesting indeed! Perhaps the date of the bumper sticker was the date of bumper fabrication and the date on the build sheet was the vehicle assembly date?

I will be very interested in what you find out from the dealership Mustang...I really appreciate your curiosity as well. By the way, you would think that they could print the build sheets in a little darker ink eh? It is like they used an old fashioned mimeograph machine.

OH, and I assume Utica is the Utica in NY, no?

DHG #3737
K&N Filtercharger
MGW Precision A/C Knobs, Eject Cigarette Lighter, Headlight Knob

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jdtarch on 2001-08-27 00:30 ]</font>

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is between the rear bumper panel and the black styrafoam inserts. It is tucked up very high and held in place by two somewhat stubborn pieces of masking tape. You should be able to see it from below the bumper looking straight up, and you may need someone with narrow fingers! Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
not everyone has one!! none of mine( partials or the "bumper" sheet) were left when i took delivery!

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-08-27 00:28, jdtarch wrote:
Very interesting indeed! Perhaps the date of the bumper sticker was the date of bumper fabrication and the date on the build sheet was the vehicle assembly date?

I will be very interested in what you find out from the dealership Mustang...I really appreciate your curiosity as well. By the way, you would think that they could print the build sheets in a little darker ink eh? It is like they used an old fashioned mimeograph machine.

OH, and I assume Utica is the Utica in NY, no?

DHG #3737
K&N Filtercharger
MGW Precision A/C Knobs, Eject Cigarette Lighter, Headlight Knob

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jdtarch on 2001-08-27 00:30 ]</font>
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

.......or would it be the trim plant in Utica, MI.....

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
AH, the plot thickens!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Found mine when I was cleaning underneath car,I had it on a lift,was lucky it came out in about the same shape as yours. I did notice some "normal" surface rust starting so I buffed all over and clear coated everthing metal, looks great. mike #790

·
Registered
716 Posts
I haven't ever been able to find mine. I have looked under the back end of the car above the rear bumper where everyone says it is but I don't seem to see it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
So, where is the build sheet? Is it in the car somewhere, or do I need to request it from the dealer? Sure would be nice to know what day it was assembled.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hey,
Not that I dont believe you, I have seen some folks say they didn't have one either.
Mine #1794 and another #3000 I told him and he came up empty too. Although he looked again in-between the white foam and the steel bumper, I saw one piece of tape that's how I found mine, #3000 was totally hidden carefully using the old finger prying method he found a piece of the very stubborn masking tape. Good luck!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts