Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure how many of you know about these.

Starting July 07...

1. Carpool lane - 1st time $1068.50 starting 7/1/07 (The $271 posted on the highway is old). Don't do it again because 2nd time is going to be double. 3rd time triple, and 4th time license suspended.

2. Incorrect lane change - $380. Don't cross the lane on solid lines or intersections.

3. Block intersection - $485

4. Driving on the shoulder - $450

5. Cell phone use in the construction zone. - Double fine as of 07/01/07. Cell phone use must be "hands free" while driving.

6. Passengers over 18 not in their seatbelts - both passengers and drivers get tickets .

7. Speeders can only drive 3 miles above the limit.

8. DUI = JAIL (Stays on your driving record for 10 years!)

9. As of 07/01/07 cell phone use must be "hands free" while driving. Ticket is $285. They will be looking for this like crazy - easy money for police department.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
The last one doesn't go far enough. Several studies have shown that hands free car phones drivers are just as likely as those who hold the phone to have an accident. I would expect that last one to be ammended.

Personnally I think cell phones should be outlawed everywhere. The distraction factor is more dangerous and deadly than cigarettes...

BTW, I think smoking while operating a car should be outlawed too.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dang, that got spread around work! They sure got a lot of people with that one. Thanks for the correction!

·
Premium Member
6,218 Posts
If they actually did enforce that cell phone law, then the darn police need to stay off of them as well! Just about every police officer I see in their cruisers are on the frigin' phone! And don't get me all into an uproar about how they are "trained" to do things that civilians can be ticketed for because last time I checked, the training of talking on a cell phone while driving didn't make it to the curriculum! I don't care if they speed through a light, code four, just to get to the doughnut shop, that's fine, but get off the damn phone!!

bad cop--no doughnut!

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
droopysbullitt said:
First clue is that each town is responsible for their own HOV lanes and fines associated with it. Second A DWI conviction stays on your record FOREVER! Not 10 years.....
So now I have two clues!

Actually makes me proud! The guy :)french:) I sometimes work with has told me in the past that I don't have a clue. :irked: Ha! I've got two now!:p :p :p :p :p

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Whew! I thought I was coming back to some serious tickets and fines. I'm used to lanes and signs being only a suggestion along with speed limits being completely ignored. I was imagining myself getting a ticket for one of those mentioned above the first day driving in texas. Lol. I will slow my azz down when I get back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts