Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's about time for some new tires...so I had a question. Since I don't race or try to get above 100mph (most of the time), do I need to purchase atleast Z rated tires, or what tires can/should I get? I went to get a quote on Z-rated tires, and there is no warranty on them since they are a soft tire (what the guy told me).

Thanks

·
Registered
798 Posts
I have heard a lot of good things about BFG KDW2s.

I just ordered 295/35/18 BFG drag radials and 265/35/18 BFG KDW2s for my 18in rims, I hope I made a good choice.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
I would not be concerned with getting Z ratings unless you need it. That means you will sustain XXX speed for many miles. Plenty of regular tires go over the ratings all the time, I have done I know.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Austin: I can get 30K out of a set of Z rated tires but I drive like an old man. Guess that's what I am.

·
Registered
393 Posts
BLACK_2425 I had the drag radials on a different car and they acted like normal on dry streets and much better traction at the strip.
As far as lower speed rated tires, if your just putting around town they should be O.K. But they are not for me.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
The speed rating of the tires could also affect the handling of the car. Something to consider. A lot of people will put H rated tires on Mustangs, but I would stay with the speed rating that the car was designed for.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts