Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys and girls, it's been about 6 months since I have been here - Thanks for the X-mas card !
I went in for my standard punchlist of things to fix (Stupid Little things) and the service manager called me and said "the technician heard a sound in the tranny." I said there was nothing wrong with it and tyhey said they already have the tranny out and all over the shop. They said one of the seals was on "national back order" so I have to wait for 2 weeks for the part ! F$#CK it, I wait for the part and when they get the tranny back together, they call me and say, "your car is ready, but there is no 4th gear syncro" ??????????? HELLO MCFLY ! They said FORD has authorized a new tranny and that they were pulling it off the assembly line in france (Yes, France - Tremec) and it will be here whenever. Well, I just got the car back with the new tranny. It runs fine, just the way it did before the f*&^cked with me !
I can't wait to trade it in on the Boss !

Kurt # 3699

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: janitorworld on 2001-12-18 15:48 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
hey Kurt!! yes, it's been a while since we've "seen" you! good to hear from you again.

·
Registered
198 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>

"your car is ready, but there is no 4th gear syncro" ??????????? HELLO MCFLY !

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

ROFLMAO!

AWWW GEEE how nice of them to do that for you. now instead of notchiness on the 1-2 shift, you get a full blown grind on the 3-4 shift.

well at least you got a new trans.

·
Registered
466 Posts
You know, these stories of damage to Bullitts while in the dealer shop are happening too frequently. I want to take mine in for the 1-2 grind but am worried about what some 20 something "tech" is going to do to it on the "test drive". The dealer closest to me has never even seen a Bullitt. Do you really think their service guys are not going to "see what she can do?"

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Hey CRS2879. Most of us with the 1-2 shift crunch are changing the transmission fluid to redline D4 ATF. See other posts. Supposed to alleviate the problem. I'm going to switch after 1st oil change.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,029 Posts
crs, If and when you take your Bullitt in for service, make sure you tell them that you wrote the mileage down before you left it there and that should give them the message....

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-19 09:00, crs2879 wrote:
You know, these stories of damage to Bullitts while in the dealer shop are happening too frequently. I want to take mine in for the 1-2 grind but am worried about what some 20 something "tech" is going to do to it on the "test drive". The dealer closest to me has never even seen a Bullitt. Do you really think their service guys are not going to "see what she can do?"

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I really don't think the service advisors or techs are going to take your car for a joy ride. They may inavently damage it slightly while reparing it. We really appricate our vehicles and are too "picky" (to parapharse service department) about them. I'ts just another car another day to most of them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DHG #1302 on 2001-12-20 10:50 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Whomever said the Transmission came from France was wrong. Tremec transmissions are produced in Mexico. Just thought you would want to know.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I noticed the driveline on my car came from mexico. No wonder there are problems, too many Coronas!
Por Favor, Servesa Senor!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts