Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With only 960 miles on the ticker, my baby needed a new trans. The service guy told me it was because of some caoting came off of something inside the trans. It was acting like an old truck with a granny-low it would GRIND going into first gear all the time. It's fixed now and am happy to report is in storeage for the winter. If anybody has had the same problem, contact the dealership where you bought it and ask about it. Transmissions are in limited supply, and you DON'T want a regular GT transmission.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Stored for the winter in October? I thought the weather was pretty nice out there? :smile:

:bullitt:

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Hey, suppose you shift to second gear one day from a stop. It grinds. That's a bad thing, right???

·
Registered
88 Posts
DHG00148 has the same problem at 5100 miles. Waiting for repairs from dealership 5weeks so far.I'm not happy paying for a car sitting at a shop. No Transmissions avail waiting for parts to rebuild. This a major problem with all V-8 mustangs...
Maybe next year they will replace this box with six speed. GM is doing away with their F-body so there will be plenty of good T56 trans. available,Are you listening FORD!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts