Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw in in new Summit catalog,and reading about it on other sites. Claims of 20 RWHP? How can that be when the Bullitt intake gave 5 or less?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Mus408 said:
Saw in in new Summit catalog,and reading about it on other sites. Claims of 20 RWHP? How can that be when the Bullitt intake gave 5 or less?
All the aftermarket guys CLAIM big numbers... and you know the rest of the story.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Heck, you can get one of those tornado things for $64.99 and it gives you a 29% increase in gas mileage and up to 13 additional horsepower.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
wildman said:
Heck, you can get one of those tornado things for $64.99 and it gives you a 29% increase in gas mileage and up to 13 additional horsepower.
:shine: Now, that's what I'm talkin' about....

·
Registered
75 Posts
I wouldn't think it would be as good as the Bullitt intake with the single T/B opening. plus it looks as if it will sit up an inch higher. Also rumor has it that they will also be doing a 5.4 intake after the 4.6 intake hits the market.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Never knew Trick Flow was releasing one, got a link? They always claim huge numbers on performance parts, they may have gained that amount, but it was probably on a full race engine with the only stock piece left being the intake, a stock or near stock car would see little benefit, the plastic Ford units flow very well.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The info on the 5.4 came from 5.0 mag,Dec2006 page 36. The 5.4 is supposed to release late this summer and also there will be a twin 57mm T/B upper plenum.

Once this intake comes out for the 5.4, I will be getting rid of the 4.6.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DHG-2925 said:
The info on the 5.4 came from 5.0 mag,Dec2006 page 36. The 5.4 is supposed to release late this summer and also there will be a twin 57mm T/B upper plenum.

Once this intake comes out for the 5.4, I will be getting rid of the 4.6.
Will there be a hood clearence issue with the Bullitt type intake on a 5.4 block?

·
Registered
75 Posts
The hood clearance will be close. With the 4.6 intake adapters plates for a 5.4, you need to notch the back underside of the hood a little bit. The adapter plates are a little over an inch high and are over $300. But I do not know the height of the new intake.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Notice something missing on that intake...most likely a prototype.......The alternator bracket bosses!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts