Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at Turbo Technology in Tacoma WA getting a dyno done, and they indicated that they are working on a new Turbo for the 4.6 L engine. They are going to use my bullitt as the prototype. They would love to get emails of interest. If you have questions or interest, check them out and email them. They have a great reputation as the 5.0 L crowd is well aware off.

http://www.turbotechnologyinc.com/

Doug

·
Registered
509 Posts
I think Turbo Concepts has a set up for the 4.6 and the cost is about the same as a blower from Vortech. Turbo Concepts claim to fame is that their system develops the same or more power and is not as hard on the engine. Don't know how much more difficult (or easier) the install would be.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
A budy of mine, build up mustangs to make them nasty nasty mean fast and sells them, well we were working on a friends 96V6 and he wanted to throw a turbo on it. It was a nogo, we got the turbo but they said the wireing was crazy on the install so they never did it, as far as I know

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure about the price.. we are going to work out the details in a month or so. being that he is using my Bullitt as the proto then I will get a break on cost and labor. I think the price when it comes out will be between 3K and 6K depending on the different systems.... It is harder to install then a blower, but less pressure on the engine. I hope it works out for me... I am jazzed up big time.....

Doug

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hey Learo, if they're using yours as the test car, why would you have to pay them? You're the test mule. Meaning they're gonna have to do it to some car before they can sell it to the public. And being the test mule, that means they don't know if anything is going to work properly. So what you're probably looking at is some headaches when they're working out the kinks. Do you really want to pay $3-$6k for that honor?

I'd maybe do it for a grand, but not $3k, and definitely not $6k. Personally I'd take that money and go get a tried and trued Vortech. $4k for the blower and $800-$1000 for labor.

And considering that once the turbo goes into production it should cost about the same as a blower, you're really not saving a lot. At most 2k, and is that really worth it when your Bullitt's at risk?

Just my $.02 though.

2001 DHG Bullit #4719
Densecharger
1995 Laser Red GT
K&N Filter

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gibscreen on 2002-01-22 04:37 ]</font>

·
Registered
821 Posts
Hey, 4075 - looking good on those signatures!!

:nerd: Dona

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Right.. I am not paying 3-6 grand myself, that will be the final price for mass sell, based upon there other systems. I will get a price breack for sure, and if it is not enought I will not end up doing it. For they will need my Bullitt for a month or so. I am not the least bit worried about being a test mule, these guys have one of the best reputations in the Turbo world. They have had great sucess for the 5.0 L and have built turbos for every car under the sun.

Doug

·
Registered
235 Posts
can anyone guess on what the amount of HP gain by the turbo on a 4.6L Eng? or is it one of those "lets see what happens after we slap it on" :grin:
--WH

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No TDC has a turbo out at this time and basically the sky is the limit. But with stock internals, i think it is only safe around 400 ponies. There was a twin turbo stang in there with a 351 that was putting out 1100 ponies. There turbo for the 5.0 adds 150 ponies. So figure 240 plus 150 right around 400 ponies.

Doug

·
Registered
235 Posts
Thx Learo2000GT!
hopefully i'll be able to afford one in 2 years.
--WH

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-22 07:17, Dona wrote:
Hey, 4075 - looking good on those signatures!!

:nerd: Dona

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
It reminds me of a bad trip a friend of mine once had

·
Registered
959 Posts
I hope to do a turbo this year too. Keep us posted for sure. I would like another option to TDC. CAn you list some of the parts they are going to use? Turbo model, BOV, what kind of IC etc.

Brian

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Why dont you email them for the info.. not sure....... see my first posting for the web page......

·
Registered
25 Posts
Quick question have u ever set up an off camber turbo??? just wondering because i think u may be bargaining with some large spenders if u understand my logic. I have worked with a number of rice burners in the past 2 years and they are a big hassle when trying to convert a turbo from one to another just some insight.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts