Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Best Bullitt at nationals 05,10and 2013
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2009 Dodge Charger Police Package has the 5.7 Hemi. The street appearance package gives it the SXt badging. I know I should have got the Black, but the blue is awesome.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,861 Posts
Very nice, Dennis.

The perks (one of many) of being the Chief...a take home car.

Also, I see evidence of a large animal(s) loitering in the area. I'm referencing the large paw prints seen in/on your driveway.

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Very kool dennis, but that green one in front still looks the best.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Nice Take Home Unit there, Chief!

I read where Dodge has improved their Police Fleet-Department Relations in order to enhance Police Charger sales, service, and training. I have not had opportunity to drive one of these yet, but I see them here already with the university PD. Ironic because they really do not need such a beast for the type of work they do. A smaller vehicle would certainly suffice, but I imagine since they are a state supported outfit, they must be on the state fleet contract. I have not seen any NMSP (state) Chargers on the roads yet, only the Crown Vics.

So who gets to wash 'n' wax it?
:-D

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
So, tell me, what makes up a Police Package charger?

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Lightning said:

You know you're leaving yourself wide-open for Collin, don't you?

What Makes Up A Police Package Charger?

"DUNKIN DONUTS on the front seat!"

Sorry Collin, I just had to. Really.

:-D :-D :-D :-D

·
Car Whisperer
21,377 Posts
Nice!!! Got passed by one today on the way home from Tallahassee...FHP, gray, dark tinted windows, plain wrapper...bad looking machine.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
DOH!!!

Double post FTL

So here is an amusing image instead:

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Zeke said:
You know you're leaving yourself wide-open for Collin, don't you?

What Makes Up A Police Package Charger?

"DUNKIN DONUTS on the front seat!"

Sorry Collin, I just had to. Really.

:-D :-D :-D :-D

:rotfl:
:rotfl::rotfl:
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
:rotfl::rotfl:
:rotfl:

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Mus408 said:
Wait! There is something missing. The gang of special radio antennas on the trunk!
Ha!

Yep, my ol' unit's trunk deck used to look like Ft. Huachuca it had so many antennae!

I recall as a kid the old police cars in Albuquerque (circa 1959) had 102" whip antennae that were bent forward and anchored down to the front bumper of the unit. "Car 54 Where Are You?"

·
Registered
718 Posts
Cochese said:
Very nice, Dennis.

The perks (one of many) of being the Chief...a take home car.

Also, I see evidence of a large animal(s) loitering in the area. I'm referencing the large paw prints seen in/on your driveway.
My take home car is a FORD!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Not bad for a work car...

We just got our first Charger PD. It's low profile with no roof rack and hidden lights, but it does have a stripe package and black wheels. The tinted windows really set it off.

I only have a few miles in it, but it's light years ahead of the Crown Vic. Quicker and much tighter handling. I guess you get that with a platform that's a decade newer. Fast? Fastest PD I've ever driven. It just blew the doors off our Ford!

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Lightning said:
I wondered about this also...I was at the post office over the weekend in the wife's car when a guy pulled up in a newer Charger...Had red brake calipers and bigger stock rims....Possible SXT package??????????Congrats on the new work car........New is always good............

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Pronkie1 said:
I wondered about this also...I was at the post office over the weekend in the wife's car when a guy pulled up in a newer Charger...Had red brake calipers and bigger stock rims....Possible SXT package??????????Congrats on the new work car........New is always good............
I think you are thinking of the SRT package. It comes with Brembo's front and rear to slow the bigger Hemi down.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
installermarc said:
I think you are thinking of the SRT package. It comes with Brembo's front and rear to slow the bigger Hemi down.
Gotcha.....They were BIG RED calipers.....

·
Registered
553 Posts
Man am I glad I stumbled upon this thread
Thanks for showing me this Dennis
Looks like I need to start looking for Blue
See ya out there!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts