Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just returned from D.C. yesterday and thought I'd mention what happened on the way up. Just south of Richmond, I stopped at a little town to get a burger. Wendy's looked good, until I couldn't find a "Bullitt-friendly" parking spot. Then off to Hardee's. Ahhhh, 15 spots in the front with no cars....hmmm, I'll back it in right smack in the middle where I can "keep an eye on it" from inside. While walking up, I see a guy stand up from his seat and point the Bullitt out to a person sitting with him. (I smile) I get my order and sit down to a window nearest the Bullitt. Less than a minute passed by when I was asked if I purchased my Bullitt "around these parts". I said nope, I (and my wife) bought it in North Carolina. The guy said the reason why he asked was that he just purchased a "used" 2001 Lightning from a local dealership. He said that the previous Lightning owner traded it in on a Bullitt!!! So, the guy thought it might have been me. We talked for about 15 minutes and I could see they were waiting on me to head out. As I walked out, they asked if they could take a closer look. I said "sure, let's go." The guy (about 40) had his father (about 60) with him. His dad is a retired Ford service manager who's seen a lot of Mustang's in his day. They told me they've heard a little bit about the Bullitt, but have never seen one...until today! I opened up the doors, trunk and hood. Gave 'em the the "whole-nine-yards" about the Bullitt and I could see they were seriously likin' it more and more. They looked and looked at every detail and asked about a hundred questions. (heck, I've got another 100 miles to go on my trip, but I have to do my Bullittclub.com duties and stay until they're content) Then, I ask 'em "should I fire it up for you?" They smile even more and both replied, "why, sure!" Before I cranked her over, made sure I was able to see their reaction upon ignition. "Wow, now that is a nice sound!", they replied. I rev it up a couple of times, and they soak it all in, hearing the engine rumble back to idle. I shut it off, get out and ask 'em if they have any more questions. They both thanked me and mentioned again how much they loved the car. I shook hands with them, said my farewell, got in, and started to drive away. As I was rolling away, I looked in the mirror and could see 'em staring at 4930 rolling away...I think "should I light 'em up?"....hmmmm, I think so!!! Rev her up to 5000, pop the clutch and get enough rubber to satisfy them. I pulled out, did a U-turn, and see 'em waving me good-bye...I wave back, smile and think to myself, "man, is this car cool, or what?"

-steve-

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,251 Posts
Oh Steve, I love to hear stories like that! Thanks! I am surprised, tho, that you did not offer them a ride! LOL :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
Yes! Life is grand, and Bullitt_Buyer, that was a GREAT story.
You just GOTTA love this car!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Q? were you off of 95 or off of 85, I was taking my bullitt to the parents who live north of Richmond from Ga and I stoped at a gas station and it was all I could do to get to the pump to try to pump. longest fill up I have had

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right off of I-95 about 20 miles south of Richmond.

Thanks for the comments everyone. I've been wanting to post other stories(there's several), but this one was too good to pass up.

Glad I got 4930 home the other day before this big storm hit. She's in the carport right now under the cover...here's a shot just a couple of seconds ago...(am I going to have fun in the morning brushing snow off the Windstar, or what???)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts