Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I'm old. But I've been driving GT's for a long time. Now I have my first Bullitt. Sooooooooo, my stupid question of the day is :

Can anyone point me to where the spec's are on the difference of the suspension and chassis tuning and setup , vs. the GT.

Last ride, and deposit for my 09 Black Bullitt was 07 GT Premium Coupe.

There is no doubt a difference. The Gear's themselves are great, and the shifter is a lot smoother too. The ride, fantasticly tight.

But where are the spec's that actually detail what this beauty is wrapped arround.

Please help this ol guy out here.

thx.

Oh, stay tuned for more dumb questions.:redface:

·
Banned
1,313 Posts
Ol'Dave said:
Okay, so I'm old. But I've been driving GT's for a long time. Now I have my first Bullitt. Sooooooooo, my stupid question of the day is :

Can anyone point me to where the spec's are on the difference of the suspension and chassis tuning and setup , vs. the GT.

Last ride, and deposit for my 09 Black Bullitt was 07 GT Premium Coupe.

There is no doubt a difference. The Gear's themselves are great, and the shifter is a lot smoother too. The ride, fantasticly tight.

But where are the spec's that actually detail what this beauty is wrapped arround.

Please help this ol guy out here.

thx.

Oh, stay tuned for more dumb questions.:redface:
Uhhh, there are no dumb questions. There are at times humorus questions, but never dumb questions. That being said I will defer to one of the knowit-alls to give a detailed answer to your question. All I know is that mine is green and goes like hell (I am talking about my Bullitt).:eek:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Although some might disagree with me here are the differences;
Front struts and rear shocks I changed mine out for Koni's, ride and handling improved dramatically
Springs, members here have reported at least 3 different front and 3 different rear springs on their Bullitt's. My rears appear to be from a 06 V-6 by the part number. I don't think anyones springs match the code on the manufacture's plate.
Front Strut tower brace, Cold air intake, Dual fuel tune which I can tell the difference between 89 and 93 octane. (seat of the pants) I never have ran 87.
Stabilizer bars are GT bars.
Here is a link to Ford for Bullitt features info

http://www.fordvehicles.com/mustangbullitt/

and from 1 old guy to another, enjoy it

·
Registered
825 Posts
First off, congratulations on the purchase of a great car and welcome. Here's a pretty comprehensive list of changes made to the Bullitt over the GT. If you want to really get down to specific "spec" details .... I'll have to defer to another Bullitthead as I haven't bothered to make an in-depth search as of yet. I just know this sucker screams! http://www.shnack.com/fullstory.php?sid=125

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks folk's. very much appreciated. You'd think however after being out for over a year, the Dealership could have helped me on this one. His response was "let me know what you find out". I am glad I "rescued" this Bullitt from them. They also have an 08 DHG that's been sitting for quite a while (wonder why)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts