Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my rims/tires installed today! Here's a couple quick pics. The car is dirty for the time being... going to clean and wax her real good this weekend for some more pics!

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Looks great, where did you get them?

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Gonna be tough to keep the brake dust out of those rivets.

Those are my biggest complaints with thoise types of wheels. They look nice though.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Are they new Wheel Replicas? 17's or 18's? Anyhow looks really good!

·
Registered
515 Posts
where did you get them, they look good, any other pictures?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks for the positive feed back on the rims. Was going with something I haven't seen before while still keeping it Bullitt related. 17x9's in the front and 17x10.5's in the back w/ 315's. Yeah the cleaning part of the rivets is going to suck but I keep my car very clean for a daily driver already. Don't have any more pics until tomorrow when I cruise out with a couple more stangers down here.

I bought them from a dealer on Ebay called O E Wheels. Heres a pic and a link to the set I purchased.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/17-9...ryZ43957QQihZ019QQitemZ290087542556QQtcZphoto

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
So I'm guessing this is how they are getting around the legal stuff.

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
They look awesome...two questions: What brand of tire did you go with and specifically what size tires did you put on?

I think I'm gonna go with these.

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
Black4592 said:
So I'm guessing this is how they are getting around the legal stuff.
Uhh.. What legal stuff? Wheel Replicas makes a similar wheel to OEM, as do others.

BTW Copyrights have nothing to do with making wheels.

Copyright is a form of protection provided by the laws of the United States (title 17, U. S. Code) to the authors of “original works of authorship,” including literary, dramatic, musical, artistic, and certain other intellectual works.

You can manufacture parts that are like the OEM in fit and finish. As long as you do not claim that they are OEM parts or approved by the car manufacturer there is no problem.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
droopysbullitt said:
Uhh.. What legal stuff? Wheel Replicas makes a similar wheel to OEM, as do others.

BTW Copyrights have nothing to do with making wheels.

Copyright is a form of protection provided by the laws of the United States (title 17, U. S. Code) to the authors of “original works of authorship,” including literary, dramatic, musical, artistic, and certain other intellectual works.

You can manufacture parts that are like the OEM in fit and finish. As long as you do not claim that they are OEM parts or approved by the car manufacturer there is no problem.
From what I have read on this site, american racing is taking legal action against wheel replica about bullitt wheels. I could be wrong, and if I am, I stand corrected.

·
Registered
515 Posts
This is what a MRT rep emailed me when I asked if they had the anthracite 17 x 10 Bullitts

"Every Bullitt wheel supplier is under fire from American Racing's potential law suit. We have no idea whn these will be in stock. Please check back in about 2/3 weeks."

So it looks like no more Bullitts, unless you wanna pay 800 for real American Racing Bullitts (Torque Thrust 2's I believe). Gay Sex if you ask me.

·
Registered
494 Posts
damn, that sucks about the law suit. Now I need to find some extra 10.5's in antithracte.

Chad

1 - 20 of 37 Posts