Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AKC Alaskan Malamute

He'll come to his new home at our house on Jan. 11.
He's only a month old so he's still with mom, dad and siblings for now.
Doesn't have a name yet. Suggestions?
Went to PetSmart today. Do you think we're ready?

I like the blue pony chew toy.

J.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,282 Posts
Looks like you have a good start there Joyce! At first I was waiting for a pic of another Mustang to show up! :lol:

We have a friend that has a Malamute that he names Shasta. Will he have 2 different colored eyes? What will you do with him while you and Mike are at work? Will he stay in a pen or chew up your furniture? :surprised He is soooo cute!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pure bred Malamutes don't have blue eyes like Huskies.
I think a flash made the photos look blue-eyed though.

I'm off work because of my hip surgery until March so I have a couple of months to get him into a routine.
I don't even have any Mustang club responsibilities or car shows now, so he'll have 100% of my attention.
Also Mike and I work opposite shifts so there won't be a lot of alone time to cause damage. Of course we expect puppy accidents and are puppy proofing the house and making him his own Den space. We'll have a crate for potty training, but I refuse to keep him "penned" up. He'll be part of the family.
My daughter and grandkids live only a couple blocks away so they can help out when we are away. My grand daughter can't wait. She can't have a dog at their apartment.

J.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Well if no one else will say it I will. That little cutie should be named :smile: BULLITT

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
First two years, I recommend (as do most trainers) that he be kept in the crate while you are out. Afterwards you can start to leave him out for short periods and extend into longer times if he behaves. Sounds mean, but it really does protect them from themselves.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Epperstang said:
AKC Alaskan Malamute

J.
I absolutely love it! Beautiful!

I had one who was my constant companion wherever I went in my CJ-7. He was a real four-wheeler! I named him "SITKA."

Hope you have many years of love and friendship with this wonderful critter!

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
39,282 Posts
Epperstang said:
AKC Alaskan Malamute

J.
Too cool! We had an AKC Malamute long ago when we lived in St. Louis. Bought him as a pup, had him 6 mos. and someone sneaked into the back alley, called him over to the fence, and STOLE him! We were heartbroken. Maybe you could name him after my lost pooch... "Boo." (from the song, "Me and You and a Dog Named Boo," by Lobo.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually LOBO is one name being considered. My daughter suggested BOSS (we have one of those Mustangs too). BULLITT is also on the list.

Thanks for the comments.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Very nice looking dog there, I've always had a soft spot for malamutes.

Epperstang said:

J.

How about 'Frank'? ;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
StvMcQueen said:
Too cool! We had an AKC Malamute long ago when we lived in St. Louis. Bought him as a pup, had him 6 mos. and someone sneaked into the back alley, called him over to the fence, and STOLE him! We were heartbroken. Maybe you could name him after my lost pooch... "Boo." (from the song, "Me and You and a Dog Named Boo," by Lobo.

Now that's a low blow, should be grounds for justifiable homicide.

·
Registered
72 Posts
What a great looking dog he is!Hope you have many years of enjoyment with him in your family.Looks like your puppy starter kit is full as well.One thing that I like with any dog is a harness around their chest instead of hooking the lead to the collar.We had a Chihuahua and Boston Terrier and they both have weak throats so the harness kept them from choking.Your dog probably wouldn't have those issues but you may like the control it provides.Enjoy your new pal.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Epperstang said:
AKC Alaskan Malamute

J.
Uh oh...

I was just admiring your new puppy again when I noticed an item in the many items you've acquired for him - the "CHICKEN CHIPS." Those are for dogs?

Oh my gosh, my wife's been feedin' those to me for years!!!!!!

And they're delicious, too! LOL!

(Just kidding [I think])

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Uh, yeah, and great fiber, too, Dave!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts