Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys what's up? I'm a pretty typical 20 year old college student. I currently drive a 2000 v6 mustang. When I turned 16, I bought it on my own. My parents said they were ok with me having a nice looking car, but not a GT. I also have a 2000 Yamaha R1 that is putting about 165 horsepower on the ground.

So back in 01 my grandparents bought a Bullitt after their 95 GT was t-boned and totaled. I am one of maybe 8 people who have driven the car. I fell in love with it the first time I sat in the seat. Flash forward to a month ago. My grandpa was driving down the interstate and fell asleep at the wheel. Went into the median and hit the cables. a couple of the cables and poles went over top of the car. Sadly, he only had liability on it and it was totaled. The damage includes all of the bodywork and the front left side of the frame is barely messed up. Yesterday, I was talking to him about it, asking if he would want to put it back together as a project. He said he can't even look at it without feeling sick. He told me I could "just take it" if I wanted it. So I am pretty sure I am going to sell my car in order to fund putting this one back together.

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Hello Thomas the 20 Year Old College Student :)

Welcome to IMBOC the Ultimate Site on the internet for Bullitt Mustang

Owners.

You are going to like being a Member here as the Members are 1st Class

and there is just a Ton of Information here for the asking !!!!!!!!

tigerhonaker

·
Car Whisperer
21,384 Posts
good luck with the rebuild. plenty of long term, experienced and nice 01 owners on here to help.

·
Premium Member
1,935 Posts
Welcome to IMBOC!! And post some pics!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts