Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think about a club newsletter? I had a new member ask me if we had one. I wonder if there would be any members out there wanting to get one going?? :???:

Vicki

·
Registered
123 Posts
Actually, let's ask a bigger question: Is it time to create a formal club, with dues, newsletter, local chapters, etc? Or would forming a 'registry' within an existing Mustang Club, but with our own identity be better?

My background in club matters is from the Porsche/Austin-Healey angle, being a regional president with PCA for two years and I'm still fairly active with the AHCA, also serving as president there. There seems to me to be a BUNCH of different Mustang clubs, MCA, SVTOA, etc. Which ones do you guys belong to and recommend? My interests are social, autocross, and road course events. With 5582 cars, I think our max membership would be 1000 if we went out on our own; is that enough to reach critical mass? On the other hand, we have something special with this forum, and would NOT want to become a 'category' on someone's else site.

We could leave things as they are, but how are the bills getting paid?

Ideas?

Cliff

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt4601 on 2001-10-05 07:33 ]</font>

·
Registered
55 Posts
For my two cents I think we should form a formal club with dues and a news letter. I think we would have more than a thousand members. Maybe we need to advertise ourselves ?

·
Registered
208 Posts
If it's not broken, don't try to fix it.
Love to support with finances, but afraid we may lose members to a fee. (?)

·
Registered
54 Posts
I don't think we should dump the idea of a liget club just based on the fact it would cost money. I think it would be a good thing to have creditability to what we have already invested in. Sounds like Cliff has his finger on the trigger. What do you think it might cost to get it going? Hey it might be worth checking it out. If it's too expensive then lets keep what we got. Put me down for 1 vote for official club.

Anthony
TB #2979

1 - 6 of 6 Posts