Urethane Front/Rear spring insolators

Motor:

Bassani Mid Length Headers
Steeda MIL eliminators
Bassani O/R H-Pipe
FLowmaster 40 series 2 1/2inch exaust
Vortech Aftercooler
11psi pulley

Im not so much worried about the motor portion, but is the suspention part good enough for now.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I am not 100% sure, but I don't think Bassani makes an h-pipe. I believe they only make x's but I could be wrong. Also, if you get Bassani headers and midpipe I would go with the Bassani catback, it will sound awesome.

Good choices with your next mods!

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah im not sure if they make an H pipe or not, but either way ill be getting a H-pipe since i like the sound they make.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Nice List mang! You forgot one... u gotta get those wheels powder coated black! lol

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bulistc5508 said:
Nice List mang! You forgot one... u gotta get those wheels powder coated black! lol
its on my aperance list along with the H.O. Fibertrends 4 inch cowl induction hood, Team shinoda 15inch deck spoiler and a new paint job for 1633.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Mr.BULLITT said:
yeah im not sure if they make an H pipe or not, but either way ill be getting a H-pipe since i like the sound they make.
I recommend the MRT h-pipe!!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Mr.BULLITT said:
thanks, how about the suspention, does it look fine for a start
It all depends on what your going to do with your Bullitt... I run a set of spring that are a bit stiffer because I like to play on the local road course. The springs are a little stiff for a daily driver but still able to travel comfortably on most interstates. If you have question on springs contact Maximum Motorsport for reliable feedback. Here is my setup which works great for me, see "my garage" for photos on ride height.

HD Bilsteins
MM Road & Track springs 800#-300# (made by H&R for MM) w/poly islolators
J&M adjustable control arms
MM Panhard bar
Steeda X2 ball joints
Steeda bumpsteer kit
Steeda Offset A-arm bushings
Offset Steering rack bushings
MM CC plates
MM 4-bolt K-member brace
MM full length SFC

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FordFan said:
It all depends on what your going to do with your Bullitt... I run a set of spring that are a bit stiffer because I like to play on the local road course. The springs are a little stiff for a daily driver but still able to travel comfortably on most interstates. If you have question on springs contact Maximum Motorsport for reliable feedback. Here is my setup which works great for me, see "my garage" for photos on ride height.

HD Bilsteins
MM Road & Track springs 800#-300# (made by H&R for MM) w/poly islolators
J&M adjustable control arms
MM Panhard bar
Steeda X2 ball joints
Steeda bumpsteer kit
Steeda Offset A-arm bushings
Offset Steering rack bushings
MM CC plates
MM 4-bolt K-member brace
MM full length SFC
yeah i was just going to do their Street/Road race kit but i cant afford the whole thing at once. so i was going to do it individually.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Mr.BULLITT said:
Suspention:

Bilstein Shock MM Race 2
Bilstein Strut MM Race 3
H&R Race Springs
Urethane Front/Rear spring insolators

Motor:

Bassani Mid Length Headers
Steeda MIL eliminators
Bassani O/R H-Pipe
FLowmaster 40 series 2 1/2inch exaust
Vortech Aftercooler
11psi pulley

Im not so much worried about the motor portion, but is the suspention part good enough for now.

Tokico Illuminas or Koni adj struts/shocks (coil over if you can afford it)
MM k-member brace
MM cc plates
Sub frame connectors
very good foundation to start with.

Bassani does not make a h-pipe but a x-pipe delivers a little more hp and throttle response. What about brakes with all that extra go you need better stopping power. May I suggest the Hawk HPS pads for the street. Just my .02

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DOC1FMF said:
Tokico Illuminas or Koni adj struts/shocks (coil over if you can afford it)
MM k-member brace
MM cc plates
Sub frame connectors

Bassani does not make a h-pipe but a x-pipe delivers a little more hp and throttle response. What about brakes with all that extra go you need better stopping power. May I suggest the Hawk HPS pads for the street. Just my .02
awesome yeah suspention is the next thing, plus i already have the vortech on and 410whp and 420wtq so im needing some new pads and most likely power slot rotors. thanks again for the advice, ive never modded a car this much, the last car i did was my 68'coupe which i put a mild cam in it with better intake manifold, carb and some headers. never did suspention or anything more than that so im fairly new to the scene.

·
Registered
656 Posts
DOC1FMF said:
Tokico Illuminas or Koni adj struts/shocks (front coil over if you can afford it)
MM k-member brace
MM cc plates
Sub frame connectors

Bassani does not make a h-pipe but a x-pipe delivers a little more hp and throttle response. What about brakes? With all that extra go you need better stopping power. May I suggest the Hawk HPS pads for the street. Just my .02
I forgot to add:
Offset steering rack bushings
pinion snubber, urethane
and get a performance alignment done.
Before my road race set-up I had a street/comp suspension on my Bullitt. Which consisted of everything mentioned above but I went with 350#[H&R] springs in front( Griggs coil over kit) and a 300#[H&R] in the rear. This set up allowed me to go to a track event or the drag strip and still have a nice ride for the street.

·
Registered
656 Posts
One other thing about brakes that I did. For the street I use my stock rotors with the Hawk HPS pads. For the track I have a set of Cobra slotted rotors with Hawk HP Blue pads. That way the pads and rotors are matched and wear at the same rate. Also I don't swap out the rear rotors or pads for the track since 80-85% of your stopping power comes from the front brakes. Drilled rotors look cool on the street but DO NOT use them on the track, they can't withstand the heat and will crack and fall apart which makes for a VERY bad day.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah i have heard that many many times. the powerslots arnt cut all the way through, so im not sure but i think they should be able to handel it.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And where would i get a performance alignment done? Is that something i can ask for at a tire shop or, do i need to go to a actuall performance shop?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Starting point.....

Mr.BULLITT said:
And where would i get a performance alignment done? Is that something i can ask for at a tire shop or, do i need to go to a actuall performance shop?

These are close specs for a street setup.

Camber: stock -.6 street -.5
Caster: stock +3.6 street +4.5
Toe-in: stock .25* street .5*

1 - 16 of 16 Posts