Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using these products? Any other recommendations.

It seems that people here like the Gatorback belt but have read horror stories on other boards about them.

The Mach 1 guys love the NGK plugs but I wonder if it has anything to do with their DOHC engines?

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
I mentioned in the other thread that I run copper plugs. I currently have NGK TR6's (I think) in there now. Someone could come along and swap them back to Motorcraft 22c's and I don't think I'd know the difference. In other words, either should be fine :)

As for the belt, can't help ya. I have yet to install the Motorcraft replacement I bought some time ago.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Gatorback Belt:

I've had mine in the car for about two years, and never had any issues. I like it.

NGK Plugs:

I've got the "cheapy" plugs in both my Bullitt and my fiance's GT. Never had any issue outta them. When I say ceap, I'm meaning the copper core, nothing fancy plugs.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I'm running NGK TR6IX (3689) Iridium plugs at 8.00 apiece! They were suggested by my tuner.

I've got a new Gates belt in the trunk for Dee to change out when mine breaks!:lol:
But I cannot comment on their quality yet.......

Gates has been in the business for a very long time though and I believe their products are probably the best you can buy.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
P-51, what's your opinion of the plugs so far?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts