Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone interested in these? They come in other colors as well?

Niche Performance Industries is offering these kits for the S197 vehicles. Currently for the V6 and GT models. These kits will feature a 8 hose replacement setup and retail for around 260.00 MSRP.

These setups will have a temperature range of -40 F to 450 F. and a max pressure rating of 1.0MPA

These kits will be available in Red, black, blue, orange, yellow, lime, and purple.

NPI will be releasing an official new product release in the coming week or so.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Update...only need 50 Bullittheads...

Also note that I am not affiliated with NPI in any way and am not receiving any kind of fee or compensation for sharing this information. I am exchanging emails with a David Simpson at NPI.

Here is the update from NPI:

Going on the idea of that model year 2001, their current blue would probably work, and they have a gloss black already. The only custom color would have to be the Dark Highland Green.

For the color DHG, they would need around 100 people with deposits to do the custom color. Now if NPI can get 50 owners up front willing to put down a deposit (25%) and wait 50-60 days or less then they would be willing to sell at a discount below retail. How much will be determined on the number of interested Bullitt heads.

Now if colors were not an issue then again all we would need is 50 owners.

NPI will have to research the price because they need the Ford tech drawings with part numbers to figure out how many hoses and sizes. If any of you can dig up the Ford tech drawings and email them to me with all the part numbers for coolant hoses and so on, I will send them to NPI so they can fast track this for those that are interested.

NPI can even try and Custom logo "Bullitt" on them if enough Bullittheads are interested.

If you are interested or can get those tech drawings, post here or send the drawings to [email protected].

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
hmmm idk about them for an everyday driver. I had yellow ignition wires on my 68' and if you werent under the hood everynight then by the weekend they were covered.

Maybe if the B was a show/race car yea, but at the moment no.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
NPI will be sending me pic of a set of black hoses mounted in a Mustang next week.

·
Registered
2 Posts
In an effort to help everyone on this board with this hose kit I would suggest calling Dan over at MRT and working with him to put a GP together. Since NPI is not looking to sale directly and MRT is possibly looking to distribute this product everyone might be able to get a good GP together if they call dan up. We can probably handle black and the blues pretty simple but the dark green would have to be something custom. I'm pushing the R&D team to come up with a dark green but in the long run it would require a compltely new color setup which I haven't seen much in the industry yet. I am sure by working through MRT we can get some sort of custom logo for the machs/bullitt group. At this time we have only the 05-08 S197 stuff down but if enough of you are interested in working with MRT to get something going we can have this rolled out in 35-40 days. Prices would have to be something discussed through MRT. But if the interest is there I'm sure we can get something for everyone. The suggested MSRP on this will be $305.00, but working through MRT they can give you a better understanding of the price structure and what can be offered through retail sales and a posible GP. I have sent an email to MRT asking them to look this thread over as one of the boards vendors.

Unfortunitely much like our hoods and body parts I can't see doing much fox body stuff unless we have enough people upfront to justify the R&D costs and production run.

here's a pic from our sema vehicle:

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts