Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

What is your favorite era of car on this thread?

• 20s-30s

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40s & street rods

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 50s classics

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 60s muscle

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • 70s-present

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • foreign & oddities (all years)

Votes: 1 5.9%
39041 - 39060 of 39139 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,013 Posts
Damn! Can't quit laughing...but makes me a bit sad...remembering when late night TV was funny instead of being a long political ad for just one side. Yeah...I miss it. Today? Never watch...

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
37,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,044 (Edited)
Damn! Can't quit laughing...but makes me a bit sad...remembering when late night TV was funny instead of being a long political ad for just one side. Yeah...I miss it. Today? Never watch...
Yep. Back in the days of no PC, when we could laugh at ourselves without having hissy fits. The "Good ol' days!" A guy like Don Rickles would be arrested and hauled off stage these days. They might give Rodney Dangerfield a pass. He don't get no respect. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: FarmerDon

·
37,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,045
PICKLE RAID!
Jerry Reed and B.B. King in the same room? I knew it had to be good. I wasn't wrong. Enjoy!

·
37,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,047
Lazy Day Blast from the Past!

Sis's turn for a '57 Chevy...

Lord knows I've droned on endlessly about my big bro's new '57 Chevy. But what I haven't droned on about is my sister's fine '57 Chevy convertible. It took until the mid-60s, but she finally spied that Sierra Gold drop top at a local used car lot and for pennies on the dollar, bought it. I was driving age myself by then and would beg her to let me borrow it. Drop the top and away I went. One day I was cruising around with my buddies and thought I'd get cute and drop the Power-Glide down into "L" to show off. Trouble is, "R" was down there too. And of course I hit "R." Talk about a clang! Scared me half to death! If I would've torn that tranny out, sis would have beat me like a dirty rug! But, I got it back into "D" lightning fast and all was well. Whew! Anyhow, enough has been said about the '57 Chevys (and what you might not know is probably in the link below). Here's my sister's old...

RANDOM CLASSIC!

1957 Chevrolet Bel Air convertible
1957 Chevy History

283 cu. in. V-8, 220 h.p.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KURT'S KUTIES!

BONUS KUTIE!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PAUL'S PATINA!

·
Registered
201 Posts
While this 57 is nice , I never cared for the 57 or 56 but loved the 55. This was my 55 Pickup I restored.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Nice truck! A fine example of before pickups became cowboy Cadillacs. Running the stovebolt 6?
Thanks Yes Big Six and 3speed on column but I put a 57 car 3 speed overdrive in and even with the low rear end it cruised great on the highway.
Mike

·
37,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,051
Small block V-8 would fit right in there, Mike.

·
37,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,055
My original plan was a mustang II front end and a 472 Cadillac , but once I started I could not cut her up !!
Best to keep it stock. BTW, nice truck!

Reactions: bullit4404

·
Registered
201 Posts
Best to keep it stock. BTW, nice truck!
She was good to us and we owned her twice. Sold it to my ex-father -in -law and year later he said he did not drive it much and I bought it back. Drove for about 2 more years and sold it to a school janitor and have not seen it since.
Mike

·
Premium Member
14,013 Posts
Well some folks make awfully pretty wood sticks, Jimbob. I've been banging colored balls around with one made by this guy since 2007. Not as easily replaced as an '09 Bullitt Mustang. Very rare to find one on the used market, and his waiting list is years long.

Mike, you obviously have fond memories of that pickemup. Thanks for sharing.

·
37,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,060
Banging colored balls with a stick? That sure sounds like systemic racism to me. :oops:

Maybe not. I'm sure a lot of guys just do it for fun. And a few for money.

39041 - 39060 of 39139 Posts